Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    i think pernell boxes pacquiao's ears off but pacquiao has the better resume. He has more division titles, more wins vs hall of fame opposition, more hall of famers faced, more wins period, more knockouts, more fighter of year awards, more knock out of the year awards, & pacquiao was named fighter of the decade by both ring magazine & bwaa. All more than pernell.

Care to elaborate how pernell has a better reusme?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
      i think pernell boxes pacquiao's ears off but pacquiao has the better resume. He has more division titles, more wins vs hall of fame opposition, more hall of famers faced, more wins period, more knockouts, more fighter of year awards, more knock out of the year awards, & pacquiao was named fighter of the decade by both ring magazine & bwaa. All more than pernell.

Care to elaborate how pernell has a better reusme?
      he fought better people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        he fought better people.
        i dont think so at all. Pernell has julio cesar chavez, nelson, mcgirt, ramirez & paez but that gets trumped because manny has barerra, marquez, morales, (multiple times) oscar, cotto, hatton, mosley all probably going to the hall of fame then you add the clotteys, bradleys, margaritos along with his lineal titles more than pernell & the fact that manny is the only fighter in history to win titles from 112 to 147, i dont see how anyone can say pernell has a better resume than manny.

again, i think pernell beats manny at any weight but manny clearly has the better resume.

Comment

i dont think so at all. Pernell has julio cesar chavez, nelson, mcgirt, ramirez & paez but that gets trumped because manny has barerra, marquez, morales, (multiple times) oscar, cotto, hatton all probably going to the hall of fame then you add the clotteys, bradleys, margaritos along with his lineal titles more than pernell & the fact that manny is the only fighter in history to win titles from 112 to 147, i dont see how anyone can say pernell has a better resume than manny.

again, i think pernell beats manny at any weight but manny clearly has the better resume.
          u also left out sasakul and ledwaba..

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            u also left out sasakul and ledwaba..
            He also left out Haugen, Penelton, Nazario, Pineda, McGirt (Multiple times) and Vazquez out for Whitaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He also left out Haugen, Penelton, Nazario, Pineda, McGirt (Multiple times) and Vazquez out for Whitaker.

manny still faced the better set of fighters in my opinion. I know just like floyd manny has his set of haters but manny holds historic boxing records, i just dont see how anybody can claim pernell has a better resume.

they are wrong.

Comment

he did mention mcgirt..vazquez and haugen are good wins as well. also might as well throw in diaz for pac also...

Comment

manny still faced the better set of fighters in my opinion. I know just like floyd manny has his set of haters but manny holds historic boxing records, i just dont see how anybody can claim pernell has a better resume.

they are wrong.
                  Well, Whitaker beat Chavez and Nelson who are greater than any win Pacquaio has.

Pacquaio may have won titles in more divisions, but does that automatically make him greater? Because he holds that record?

So Pacquaio's #1 of all time to you, I assume? As no one else has that record.

And Oscar De La Hoya is #2 also I imagine? As he has the second highest record for multiple Division titles.

It's a stupid argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    he did mention mcgirt..vazquez and haugen are good wins as well. also might as well throw in diaz for pac also...
                    Well he threw in Oscar, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley etc so yes you may aswell throw Diaz in there aswell at that rate

Comment

Well, Whitaker beat Chavez and Nelson who are greater than any win Pacquaio has.

Pacquaio may have won titles in more divisions, but does that automatically make him greater? Because he holds that record?

So Pacquaio's #1 of all time to you, I assume? As no one else has that record.

And Oscar De La Hoya is #2 also I imagine? As he has the second highest record for multiple Division titles.

It's a stupid argument.

technically pernell scored a draw vs whitaker (i know robbery) but its still a draw. Technically drawing with chavez is not greater than the wins pacquiao scored vs the 3 mexican hall of famers. Stop trying to pigeonhole my post You have to take into account the overall resume not just pick & choose which parts you want to magnify & you forget about the rest of the other fighter's resume. . & no i dont rate oscar that highly at all & no i dont think manny is #1 all time. I have him top 30 somewhere around 20-30. You have to take into account the entire body of work & its entirely clear that manny has the greater resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X