No announcement yet.

Who is most overrated fighter today??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Gotta be Paul Williams, he beat Margarito and people were calling him the new Hearns, then he got schooled by a B/C class fighter. He won the rematch, but im still not sure that fight was not heading the same way if not for the KO.
    SO TRUE. most over rated boxer of all time.

PAUL WILLIAMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
      Zab Judah has been ridiculously overrated for years. He's lost four of his past seven fights, yet The Ring still rates him as #7 welterweight.

Paul Williams hasn't done very much yet, yet people like Max Kellerman, who sounds like he's infatuated with Paul, compare him to all time greats.
      zab was pretty good before tszyu KO'd him, but yeah nowadays he is pretty overrated, he shouldnt get another big fight

Comment

I cannot belive that you guys are talking about PAUL WILLIAMS.
        Guy beat Margarito, who just smashed Cotto.Paul Williams is maniac.

Comment

For a moment...it was Jeff Lacey. Do you remember all the hype behind him before the Calzaghe fight? You would have thought he was the top P4P champion. Calzaghe along Taylor really exposed Lacey for his one dimensional style. Lacey's career is not over, but I don't think he deserves anymore prime fights until gets a couple more solid wins under his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
            Except Chad Dawso is still young and is looking to face more guys, possibly change weight.
            Calzaghe on the hand think's he is a legend at 36 for doing what the 26 has done (if not beaten) already.
            So you have no problems with a 26 year old fighting pensioners, yet when a 36 year old does it, he becomes overrated.

As for "what the 26 has done (if not beaten) already" comment, I'd like to know where you got the idea that Dawson is 46-0, has had 21 world title defenses, held all four belts plus the ring belt at his original weight and then stepped up in weight to win the ring belt there as well.

Words really do fail me sometimes...

Originally posted by passey View Post
            For a moment...it was Jeff Lacey. Do you remember all the hype behind him before the Calzaghe fight? You would have thought he was the top P4P champion. Calzaghe along Taylor really exposed Lacey for his one dimensional style. Lacey's career is not over, but I don't think he deserves anymore prime fights until gets a couple more solid wins under his belt.
            Calzaghe ruined him. Taylor just feasted on the remains.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless. View Post
              Adamesk??? Now the best CW fighter in the world, Johnson KO'd RJJ.
              In RJJ's prime too. Well, allot closer to it. Calzaghe is beyond overrated. Judah is also overrated but he's in there as a one man freak show. People are always hoping he's gonna smack the ref or pull out a chicken dance again. No one's saying Judah is an ATG. At 26, Chad Dawson can claim he has a career as good as Calzaghe. If he now travels to Europe and stays there defending a tittle for 10 year in the same division he's an ATG too? Nah, he knows he needs to do better. Boxing will be way more demanding to him and he knows it. That's also why Joe, even if he had the talent (which i think he doesn't) would probably pull the same type of career being guided like he was. The difference would be he would KO 43 year olds, not get dropped in the first round and would put Jones in a wheel chair. With real talent that is.

Comment

At the moment... Paul Williams is overrated. I think he's a damn good fighter, Im a fan of his and all but some act as if he's Jesus Christ. He hasnt done much yet.

Joe Calzaghe. Once again Im a fan, and he's a really good fighter but its just a case of him doing too little too late.

Comment

I can see why people are picking PWill. But **** them all the same....

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless. View Post
                    Cotto
                    Vitali
                    Thats because his Floyds biggest threat!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                      In RJJ's prime too. Well, allot closer to it. Calzaghe is beyond overrated. Judah is also overrated but he's in there as a one man freak show. People are always hoping he's gonna smack the ref or pull out a chicken dance again. No one's saying Judah is an ATG. At 26, Chad Dawson can claim he has a career as good as Calzaghe. If he now travels to Europe and stays there defending a tittle for 10 year in the same division he's an ATG too? Nah, he knows he needs to do better. Boxing will be way more demanding to him and he knows it. That's also why Joe, even if he had the talent (which i think he doesn't) would probably pull the same type of career being guided like he was. The difference would be he would KO 43 year olds, not get dropped in the first round and would put Jones in a wheel chair. With real talent that is.
                      Only 3 posters with the IQ's of doormice are claiming Calzaghe is ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X