Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Postol: I'll Destroy Crawford, Matthysse is a Higher Level Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    I'm begging people to take bets. ANY BET. I've got Crawford all the way.
    That's what I've been encouraging in the other thread. Seems most prefer to use their alts with few points on their accounts. They're afraid to back up their predictions. I don't know why.

I've got one trillion for Postol. Straight win UD/SD/DQ/TKO/KO

Comment

I got Postol winning by close but clear decision, I'm rooting for him to get the win too.

Comment

Postol is a tall jr welter. We'll see. This isn't Gamboa.
        Last edited by krazyn8tive; 07-12-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

he forgot to ad hold hold hold hold all night, i hope crawford wins. a way more exciting fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            He's better offensively, he throws sharper combinations, he can cut the ring off better, punches straighter and obviously punches much harder.

In fact, he's not even that far behind defensively, Crawford's defence is very suspect.

I don't know where people get this idea from that Crawford is some super skilled P4P fighter, he's looked average against guys like Ricky Burns, Beltran, Prescott, Dulorme etc. He's suspect defensively, loses lots of rounds against C level fighters, he gets very wild and leaves himself open to get badly countered, his power is absolutely average despite popular opinion suggesting otherwise. There's just nothing special about him.

Don't get me wrong though I don't think Matthysse is anything above a B level fighter either. But he's definitely more proven, has a much better resume and to me is more skilled.
            I disagree. Politely. Matthysse has never had the variation in offensive attack that Crawford has. Also, Matthysse's offense was his defense. Crawford on the other hand can switch stances to defend a right or a lefty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              I disagree. Politely. Matthysse has never had the variation in offensive attack that Crawford has. Also, Matthysse's offense was his defense. Crawford on the other hand can switch stances to defend a right or a lefty.
              Fair enough, we'll have to disagree.

I just don't all these things with Crawford.

But if he beats Postol, I'll definitely give him his credit. He will have earned it.

Comment

Lol you know it's crazy around here when people underrate a some what overhyped fighter like Crawford. Gonna be a lotta egg faces coming up.

Comment

Haha. I put my money where my mouth is. I thought Crawford was hyped up too. But watching a few of his fights, I'm a lot smarter to say ignorant bs like that. He's a cerebral fighter. Good not great power but overwhelms with timely shots, doesn't take a lot of punishment, can fight lefty or righty, a p4p guy. Who the **** is this guy Postol? I bs you not I still haven't even watched the Matthysse Postol fight. OK **** I might have but don't even remember it. Because it wasn't **** to remember. So a boxer beat matthysse? Big whoop! Matthysse just a dude with power. He has bad footwork as exposed in the Garcia fight, he's not hard to find, and his style is made for guys who can hit and not be hit. When you guys say Postol, I think of the guy that beat matthysse who is a guy with great power but not much of anything else. Good fighter but no p4p guy. So I don't know who this guy is. But next week he gone be that guy that took his first loss to Bud. Then go back into the oblivion or abyss or wherever the hell he crawled from. Almost all Freddie roaches fighters hype jobs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    He's better offensively, he throws sharper combinations, he can cut the ring off better, punches straighter and obviously punches much harder.

In fact, he's not even that far behind defensively,
                    Crawford's defence is very suspect.

I don't know where people get this idea from that Crawford is some super skilled P4P fighter, he's looked average against guys like Ricky Burns, Beltran, Prescott, Dulorme etc. He's suspect defensively, loses lots of rounds against C level fighters, he gets very wild and leaves himself open to get badly countered, his power is absolutely average despite popular opinion suggesting otherwise. There's just nothing special about him.

Don't get me wrong though I don't think Matthysse is anything above a B level fighter either. But he's definitely more proven, has a much better resume and to me is more skilled.
                    First....you talk about how Matthysse is SO much better than Crawford is, only to finish things off by saying that Matthysse is just some B level guy.

Then you say that Crawford got SUPER exposed by a group of fighters that he not only beat, but basically demolished for the most part. The sad thing is that Matthysse is basically retired now because he thinks his best days are behind him while Crawford is touted by nearly everyone as a legit P4P top 5 guy. It would be my guess that if Crawford was as bad as you say he is that Matts would be in a much better position career-wise than Crawford at this point even though he is just a B level boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                      That's what I've been encouraging in the other thread. Seems most prefer to use their alts with few points on their accounts. They're afraid to back up their predictions. I don't know why.

I've got one trillion for Postol. Straight win UD/SD/DQ/TKO/KO
                      I'll take this bet, you got yourself a deal. Sig it up and good luck to you Sir!!

Comment

Working...
                      X