No announcement yet.

Hitman Hearns: What if...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    That is the reason H2H/ability rankings don't make sense.

Say for example, I state that Jim Jeffries is the GOAT at HW as I don't feel anyone would ever beat him. That's purely subjective and cannot be "disproven". Ranking fighters overall via this method is usually just a get out of jail card for people who haven't studied resumes in a great deal and don't want to.
    My man!

Comment

If he had to do again, Tommy would rather go down on his shield, than running like De La Hoya did against Trinidad. Tommy would not be remembered any better for backing into his best career wins (if he did get wins against SRL and Hagler). He was know as the Hitman for a reason, he killed most in the ring. Tommy is a ATG, he fought he ass off, never ran from a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
        he's already third best welterweight. but if he had beaten leonard and hagler decisively, i think he might have had an argument for goat. blasphemy to some i know, but those guys aren't considered close to being the best or the best all time in their divisions by some for no reason.
        Sorry, but you can't be 0-2 in against Iran Barkley and be considered THE GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
          he's already third best welterweight.
          Anton, I am sorry, but this is ridiculous. Hearns was an excellent fighter & very exciting but THIRD BEST WELTER OF ALL TIME

He made three defences - and not exactly against decent opposition either.

He is not even top ten. Seriously.

Anton Mate. I love Hearns but 3rd best welterweight. Maybe in the period he was Champion but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
            If Thomas Hearns ran from Sugar Ray in the final rounds of their last fight, until the final bell and winning a decision. If he tried to keep a distance and play it safe in the third round of Hagler fight until its stopped because of cuts and granting him a win. and if he got the decision in the second Leonard fight...

How much higher will he be ranked as an ATG?
            Pretty damn high. Also, he should've got the decision in the Leonard rematch, Ray even said so himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              we're talking about alternate history in a thread about hearns.

i'm not calling him the goat, i said if history went differently(i.e. he'd beaten leonard AND hagler, DECISIVELY) he would have had an argument.

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              Anton, I am sorry, but this is ridiculous. Hearns was an excellent fighter & very exciting but THIRD BEST WELTER OF ALL TIME

He made three defences - and not exactly against decent opposition either.

He is not even top ten. Seriously.

Anton Mate. I love Hearns but 3rd best welterweight. Maybe in the period he was Champion but that's about it.
              right. I'd like to see those ten then please. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                In boxing, no matter how great you are.. More than likely someone will have your #.

Comment

Working...
                X