No announcement yet.

Open Carry Police Stops

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
    It's a general unwritten rule that when a white guy does it, it's a pro-constitution, 2nd amendment, Tea Party, militia type. When a black guy does it, he is considered a slick, gang bangin', drug dealing thug, criminal. A black guy can't do the Constitution and be the Open carry guy until the stereotype of his people is eliminated.
    Oh believe me there's a few brave souls who tried doing it while black.

I spent hours watching these types of videos last night. I wish I had saved the one where the black guy did it. He had about 6 squad cars apprehending him, AR-15 rifles pointed at him, K-9's and the whole lot. They didn't give a damn about his rights. But I'm still glad there are people out there putting abusive cops in their place and schooling them on the laws they're supposed to adhere to.

There are also videos of similar nature of people refusing to answer any questions at illegal immigration checkpoints and DUI checkpoints.
    Last edited by Inkanyamba; 08-30-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Great posts Inkanyamba, keep making people aware.

Comment

IMO this says more about the law than the people doing this. First off, it's absurd for people to be able to walk around with AR15's or any other guns out in the open in our society.

We don't live in the 1800's anymore, this is always going to cause alarm and it should. Especially when you consider the amount of public shootings per year in this country.

Second, I agree fully that you could never do this if black or brown. Could you imagine if the Ferguson protesters would have showed up fully armed? It would have been a literal blood bath.

Yet Obama speaks in public and you have tea party idiots show up with fully loaded rifles and they say it's their right. Showing up to see the president fully armed...can't make this **** up.

We need to change the verbage of the 2nd amendment. We live in 2014, not 1814, people think it's the fukin wild west nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          IMO this says more about the law than the people doing this. First off, it's absurd for people to be able to walk around with AR15's or any other guns out in the open in our society.

We don't live in the 1800's anymore, this is always going to cause alarm and it should. Especially when you consider the amount of public shootings per year in this country.

Second, I agree fully that you could never do this if black or brown. Could you imagine if the Ferguson protesters would have showed up fully armed? It would have been a literal blood bath.

Yet Obama speaks in public and you have tea party idiots show up with fully loaded rifles and they say it's their right. Showing up to see the president fully armed...can't make this **** up.

We need to change the verbage of the 2nd amendment. We live in 2014, not 1814, people think it's the fukin wild west nowadays.
          And as for the ones carrying a small caliber handgun safely tucked in a holster, is that less alarming?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
            And as for the ones carrying a small caliber handgun safely tucked in a holster, is that less alarming?
            Exposed isn't the ideal IMO. What is the purpose of walking around with a gun showing for everyone to see.

Of course a giant rifle is more intimidating, but there's a reason we have conceal laws.

We need to understand that the Constitution and many of the amendments were made in a much different time. As great as the founding fathers were, they could not have envisioned this.

We need to change the laws and the verbage in the 2nd amendment. Of course people won't go for that because they think Jesus himself wrote the Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Exposed isn't the ideal IMO. What is the purpose of walking around with a gun showing for everyone to see.

Of course a giant rifle is more intimidating, but there's a reason we have conceal laws.

We need to understand that the Constitution and many of the amendments were made in a much different time. As great as the founding fathers were, they could not have envisioned this.

We need to change the laws and the verbage in the 2nd amendment. Of course people won't go for that because they think Jesus himself wrote the Constitution.
              Most holsters are made to be worn on the exterior of your clothing. It's less dangerous that way. I have a PPk/S which is pretty small but I'm not sure where I'm going to wear it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
                Most holsters are made to be worn on the exterior of your clothing. It's less dangerous that way. I have a PPk/S which is pretty small but I'm not sure where I'm going to wear it yet.
                Many holsters are made just for conceal. I have a Glock 23 and it's made to be concealed and it's a .40 cal.

My point is that if I were to walk around with it exposed, I don't think I would get very far because of what I look like and because people would be freaked out.

Comment

How else can we discourage all those pesky horse thieves out there?

Comment

You should live in the country if you want to carry your gun out in the open and nobody bothering you. These people are doing it fully aware that they will get the police called on them. Watch the ****ing news and all you hear about is shootings and when mass shootings happen they talk about it for weeks.

If you saw somebody walking up and down your street with a rifle over his shoulder and gun on his hip you wouldn't be suspicious? I'm pretty sure one of these open carry people have been killed by some vigilante citizen who thought they were stopping the next mass shooting.

Comment

IT's called being a fking idiot...these are the same idiots that claim their weapons are for self defensed, and they may act in self defense if they feel threatened. Good philosophy works especially well for a person with a legal concealed weapon that sees some asshole with an AR15 walk into their store. Blow them away before they can even say anything = self defense by their own recognition can't even be mad they got shot ain't karma grand.

Comment

Working...
                      X