Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the Police in general?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a criminal so police are my friends

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      Do you also recommend going around and recording anybody else you encounter in your daily life that are just trying to do their job, or does this rule only apply to those in a position of power? If so, do you also record your mailman or state representatives daily, "just incase"?

I ask because, for whatever reason, this stupid (and purposefully antagonistic) behavior has seemingly caught on with petty criminals, juvenile delinquents, and rightwing morons all over the country.
      I dont ever stop them from doing there job or involve myself in there business. If they pull me over im recording and asserting my rights. I learned to do this from a liberal lawyer.

Comment

Do you also recommend going around and recording anybody else you encounter in your daily life that are just trying to do their job, or does this rule only apply to those in a position of power? If so, do you also record your mailman or state representatives daily, "just incase"?

I ask because, for whatever reason, this stupid (and purposefully antagonistic) behavior has seemingly caught on with petty criminals, juvenile delinquents, and rightwing morons all over the country.
        Last edited by extracurRICular; 06-20-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          I dont ever stop them from doing there job or involve myself in there business. If they pull me over im recording and asserting my rights. I learned to do this from a liberal lawyer.
          I don't care who you learned it from, it's an antagonistic behavior seemingly only engaged in by paranoid or confrontational jackasses. When you start recording somebody doing their job you're basically letting that person know that you either don't trust them or that you have doubts about their ability to perform their jobs competently.

You wouldn't walk into a kitchen somewhere and record the chef making your dinner, would you? No, because they'd find that sort of behavior to be confrontational and condescending. Yet a lot of people seem to think that it's totally acceptable to shove a camera in a cop's face and start mouthing off about their rights like a snarky little prick instead of just cooperating with the officer so that you can settle the matter quickly and both be on your way.

All these people are doing is exacerbating the situation and escalating it to the point where what would've been a simple 10 minute traffic violation becomes a 45 minute public drama and a complete waste of valuable police resources and time. To make matters worse, these people then have the audacity to get pissed off when the cops become annoyed with their infantile refusal to follow simple instructions.

It's ****ing ridiculous. Just take your ticket like a man and STFU about it.
          Last edited by ßringer; 06-20-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I don't care who you learned it from, it's an antagonistic behavior seemingly only engaged in by paranoid or confrontational jackasses. When you start recording somebody doing their job you're basically letting that person know that you either don't trust them or that you have doubts about their ability to perform their jobs competently.

You wouldn't walk into a kitchen somewhere and record the chef making your dinner, would you? No, because they'd find that sort of behavior to be confrontational and condescending. Yet a lot of people seem to think that it's totally acceptable to shove a camera in a cop's face and start mouthing off about their rights like a snarky little prick instead of just cooperating with the officer so that you can settle the matter quickly and both be on your way.

All these people are doing is exacerbating the situation and escalating it to the point where what would've been a simple 10 minute traffic violation becomes a 45 minute public drama and a complete waste of valuable police resources and time. To make matters worse, these people then have the audacity to get pissed off when the cops become annoyed with their infantile refusal to follow simple instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post

Wow. Great video, bro.

An underappreciated guy just trying to do his job and respond to a simple call he got from somebody about a loose snake ends up getting a 9 minute lecture from a haughty twat who apparently dropped out of law school and has a chip on his shoulder.

Some "ownage."

Comment

No. I have constitutional rights that I will assert because because they are mine to exercise as I see fit. I never tell them im recording. I dont have to in Nevada. Recording them is to protect me from being charged with a crime I didnt commit. Also to ensure that they follow due process also a protected right afforded to me by the constitution. William Blackstone said it is better for 10 guilty men to go free than for one innocent man to go to jail. I agree with his line of reasoning. I agree with liberty over authoritarianism. These rights are youre as well, if you dont like them than dont use them. I will and encourage all people to know there rights and assert them.

Comment

Police are ok. State should be stricter on security.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    No. I have constitutional rights that I will assert because because they are mine to exercise as I see fit. I never tell them im recording. I dont have to in Nevada. Recording them is to protect me from being charged with a crime I didnt commit. Also to ensure that they follow due process also a protected right afforded to me by the constitution. William Blackstone said it is better for 10 guilty men to go free than for one innocent man to go to jail. I agree with his line of reasoning. I agree with liberty over authoritarianism. These rights are youre as well, if you dont like them than dont use them. I will and encourage all people to know there rights and assert them.
                    That's fine and all, but I'm curious...do you start recording before your interactions with police or only after they approach you because they've been asked to by someone else (responding to a call) or you've violated a law?

That's a rhetorical question.

Keep asserting those rights, bro. You're making the world a better place every time you hit 'record.'

Comment

That's fine and all, but I'm curious...do you start recording before your interactions with police or only after they approach you because they've been asked to by someone else (responding to a call) or you've violated a law?

That's a rhetorical question.

Keep asserting those rights, bro. You're making the world a better place every time you hit 'record.'
                      Not the world just my life. If you think false charges havent been brought against innocent men or that police havent violated anybodies rights than youre naive.

Comment

Working...
                      X