No announcement yet.

training in the heat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training in the heat

how have you all been coping training in the heat? did you just leave it or did you battle your way through
    i worked out on day once where it was 80 odd degrees felt like i was about to collapse lol
    any tips on how to cope?

Heat in the North East?!

Inside or outside? Fans are good.

Comment

Stay hydrated, I know that first hand as I almost got heat exhaustion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Shuffle View Post
        Heat in the North East?!

Inside or outside? Fans are good.
        Lol i was in london for par of the summer and some days there were really sweltering
        i was training inside, but the gym i was in had no fans or air con i dont think.

Comment

80 degrees? shoot negro, i train when it's 95 outside here in toronto. all through july.

for me, at least twice the normal intake of water is absolutely necessary. not everybody can deal though so don't go running in the 90 degree heat because i do. lol i wouldn't want you keeling over.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            80 degrees? shoot negro, i train when it's 95 outside here in toronto. all through july.
            Eatin' a burger out in the street while the sun is out ain't training, Timmeh.

Comment

We trained in extreme heat every day. Walk in and the first thing James Toney would do was turn the thermastat of the gym all the way up. We all sweated buckets. I prefer to train in the heat, cleans out your body, helps with maintaining weight and fully perpares you if you should happen to compete in a bout that is held outdoors directly beneath the sun. Not everybody can fight in the extreme heat, I remember Barry McGuigan losing his Featherweight title to journeyman Stevie Cruz, it wasn't Cruz who actually beat him, it was the sweltering Las Vegas afternoon sun. Be prepared for everything. Drink plenty of water and take multi vitamins after to replenish the body. Learn to love and thrive in the heat! ...........Rockin'
              Last edited by Rockin'; 08-14-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adzy View Post
                how have you all been coping training in the heat? did you just leave it or did you battle your way through
                i worked out on day once where it was 80 odd degrees felt like i was about to collapse lol
                any tips on how to cope?
                Like another poster said, just stay hydrated and don't think about the heat too much. I live in Vegas where the temp is usually over 102 degrees through out the summer but I just learned to cope with it. Just remember that training in the heat makes your work out more challenging which can give you a slight edge over someone who trains in a nice cool gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  We trained in extreme heat every day. Walk in and the first thing James Toney would do was turn the thermastat of the gym all the way up. We all sweated buckets. I prefer to train in the heat, cleans out your body, helps with maintaining weight and fully perpares you if you should happen to compete in a bout that is held outdoors directly beneath the sun. Not everybody can fight in the extreme heat, I remember Barry McGuigan losing his Featherweight title to journeyman Stevie Cruz, it wasn't Cruz who actually beat him, it was the sweltering Las Vegas afternoon sun. Be prepared for everything. Drink plenty of water and take multi vitamins after to replenish the body. Learn to love and thrive in the heat! ...........Rockin'
                  Edit: Stevie Cruz put a pretty nice beating on McGuigan, I just rewatched the fight. Although the heat may have played a part I can't discredit Cruz' performance. If you watch the fight Stevie would throw and land beautiful overhand text book right hands all night. A nice slip jab, left upper followed immediately with a right hook on the inside aswell.

That was a nice performance, the greatest of Cruz' career as he would lose in his first defense against Antonio Esparragoza.

That was a good little fight though..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    whats the highest temperature anyone's trained in? do you think its safe to sweat that much
                    i know on a hot day i go through about 3 shirts in one session as they get completely drenched

Comment

Working...
                    X