No announcement yet.

[B]Diaz didn't even try for a TD til the 5th ???[/B]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    Also, I don't share Nick's point of view. He thinks he won every round, he clearly lost rounds 3 and 4....
    I'm glad to hear that. A lot of people are trying to make this an all out robbery by the judges when Condit had everything to do with it.

Again I don't blame Condit for the stick and move because it was working. I blame Nick for not supplying an answer for in 25 minutes of fighting. Nick was the hunter that night but he just got outfoxed.

I can forgive Diaz if he comes back learns from his mistake but if what we heard in the speech last night was true I will have lost a ton of love for Diaz....but he will be back better than before he's still a hardcore rider.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      I can't defend it, as a fight fan, Diaz hater, or Condit Nuthugger I don't see how you can either. He took a fight in which both fighters heart, toughness, and determination would've of been tested, a fight that would've made Shogun vs. Hendo look like Shamrock/Severn 2 and turned it into a sparring match. How can you be happy with that? He changed who he was to earn a title shot. That's why he lost my respect.....
      I'm not defending it, nor am i a Carlos Condit nuthugger or a Nick Diaz hater, neutral wid both still. Just saying that, had dat been me in the octagon wid Nick for a title shot, n if i felt i couldn't bang wid him i'd try sumin different, Carlos got it spot on from Round 3 onwards, he did lay some heavy punches on Nick, but he weren't moving lol just kept coming...
      Yu can't go on like it was a Maia vs Silva repeat, but it was f***ery compared to what it could have been, never even go fight of the night. Nick should have took him down earlier in the fight, thrown more punches and not let Condit 'run'.
      Everyone grief's GSP for bein boring and always wrestlin, but he switched it up against Koscheck n battered him. Yu shouldn't lose respect for Condit for acceptin he can't bang wid Nick to fight GSP for the title. But yeah, he killed the fight for the fans ! Just like David Haye and Wlad did last year...
      I ent seein a fight coming close to Hendo vs Rua anytime soon...

Comment

Yeah, it kinda reminded me of Edgar-Penn too, where you're wondering why the guy with amazing BJJ skills won't just use them.

Comment

Nick tried several TD's in this fight, not just in the 5th. Maybe he should have tried to take his back for the drag-takedown much earlier but easier said than done of cource. Point is though, Diaz has weak TD's.

Comment

I guess the only Nick Diaz fan on the forum that thought that Carlos could stand and bang with him....

Comment

Diaz shouldve pressed at the end of the day, ive seen WAY to many hate threads on the guy who was more active..

Comment

Big Country was walking Werdum down all night aswell, walking down doesn't constitute a W though does it lol.
                I did think Carlos could stand there and bang wid him, but Nick is just a better dirty fighter than Carlos! Nick will eat shots and keep walking yu down, Carlos couldn't deal wid dat, he no one can take a punch like Nick can, so he switched. He smothers yu man, gives yu no space n dat. Just watched it again n it was close a **** yu know, especially dem 3 rounds everyone reckons Nick took

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                  Nick tried several TD's in this fight, not just in the 5th. Maybe he should have tried to take his back for the drag-takedown much earlier but easier said than done of cource. Point is though, Diaz has weak TD's.
                  He didn't really try for those take downs like he wanted them until the last one where he put all 5 rounds into that one submission attempt that may have been successful given another 60 seconds but Nick didn't have 60 seconds left.

That being said if he indeed did want to take Condit down at any point during that fight other than the 5th he may have the worst td's in the game...

I think even if he got Condit down early he would have let him back up due to his new found confidence in his hands just like Rampage. These guys get so focused on improving in one aspect of the sport they become like kids with toy guns rarely relying on what got them to the point they are at until it's too late.

Diaz needs to make a youtube video soon... with answers and another opponent in mind. Diaz is in the right position but he needs to respect the game so he can rise to his full potential with the help of all his resources.

Comment

I still think Diaz won rounds 1,2 n 5 but it couldo f gone either way.. The dissapointing thing is how Condit sold out. He needs to go back to the old Condit style becsue that way of figting will not make him a champion anywhere. GSP will take him down and grind him to death. If Condit wants to turn ino the next Fitch then he can keep fighting the way he fought Diaz and no one will want to watch him fight.. Who here wants to pay for a fight that looks more like a sparring match and ends in a decision??But dont lie! No one wants to watch long fights that end in decisions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
                      He didn't really try for those take downs like he wanted them until the last one where he put all 5 rounds into that one submission attempt that may have been successful given another 60 seconds but Nick didn't have 60 seconds left.

That being said if he indeed did want to take Condit down at any point during that fight other than the 5th he may have the worst td's in the game...

I think even if he got Condit down early he would have let him back up due to his new found confidence in his hands just like Rampage. These guys get so focused on improving in one aspect of the sport they become like kids with toy guns rarely relying on what got them to the point they are at until it's too late.

Diaz needs to make a youtube video soon... with answers and another opponent in mind. Diaz is in the right position but he needs to respect the game so he can rise to his full potential with the help of all his resources.
                      I Disagree I think Diaz has gone for a submission once it hits the ground many times. Although it is worrying that he said "I didn't go for the submission at the end because I thought I was ahead on points and there were a few seconds left" against Condit. We know he has great hands but he better not neglect his BJJ from now on because I don't know how many more of these favorable matchups he's gonna get. It's actually kind of crazy how long a guy at this level has not faced a high level wrestler.

Comment

Working...
                      X