Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of split is fair for GGG vs Canelo Megafight in 2017 for all 4 MW Belts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of split is fair for GGG vs Canelo Megafight in 2017 for all 4 MW Belts?

What kind of split would be fair for a Canelo vs GGG megafight in September 2017 for the unified MW championship with all 4 Major belts on the line? (suggesting GGG fights Saunders in Feb and collects the last belt)

Golovkin, unified MW champion brings all 4 belts to the table and a ton of international fans
    Canelo brings masses of fans, mostly Mexican/Mexican American fans to the table

Fight would be in Texas Cowboy Stadium, 90k+ Attendance, assuming ~1.5M PPVs and generating ~$130-150M in revenue.

Please leave hatred, bias and racism out of this thread. Thank you.
    50/50 both are huge stars and need each other
    10.71%
    60/40 the tow biggest draws in the sport, but Canelo deserves more
    10.71%
    70/30 Canelo is the much bigger draw, but GGG deserves 30%
    39.29%
    80/20 Canelo 80%, GGG 20% is fair
    32.14%
    90/10 GGG only deserves 10%, Canelo 90%
    0.00%
    Flatfee of $10M for GGG, rest ($100M+) for Canelo = GGG should get less than 10%
    7.14%
    Last edited by Jubei; 09-18-2016, 02:50 AM.

50/50. Call me crazy but I don't think the heavy favourite and the 3 belt champion should be getting paid less than the underdog and challenger.

Comment

Flat fee, GGG has done nothing to deserve anything better.

WBA/WBC were handed outside a ring.

IBF was won from a guy that was rank 8 or 9 when he get fought for the title.

Paper titles mean sht in a mega fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        50/50. Call me crazy but I don't think the heavy favourite and the 3 belt champion should be getting paid less than the underdog and challenger.
        Ok. You're crazy.

Comment

I personally think 30/70 would be fair and GGG would accept that in a heartbeat.

Comment

Is this accountancy or boxing?

Smh

Feeding into oscars bs

Comment

Floyd vs canelo revenue was 150 mil.. Canelo gg isn't getting that. Canelo is obv the A side and does the bigger numbers. Mr bidness man should accept what he's given.

Comment

This is stupid...

If the revenue is 130 million than no way in hell is 110 million of that going to the fighters.

The fighters would be lucky to see 1/2 of that.

Floyd vs Mayweather was 600 million revenue, and about 2/3 of it went to the fighters, but that's Floyd and Pac..

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  I personally think 30/70 would be fair and GGG would accept that in a heartbeat.
                  I agree with this. I say give him 5-7.5 million to show with 30% split on the revenue that goes to the fighters.

Comment

Let's assume the revenue is 110 million.

60 million of which goes to fighters.

43 Canelo
                    17 GGG

Comment

Working...
                    X