No announcement yet.

Pacquiao victim of his own success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    I wouldn't say he struggled as much as Shane was able to land on him at times when Pac stopped attacking, and could've done a whole lot better with the openings Pac presented him. And there were openings for Shane to exploit however small they were.

Twice in the early rounds (a lot, given the overall paucity of action),
    Shane tried to exploit those "openings", and ran right into what he
    himself called "traps"... and became cautious the rest of the night.

When Pac leaves himself open, maybe it's Pac's carelessness...
    but just maybe it's also a setup for a counter that'll drop you fast.
    Maybe a lack of lateral movement is a leg cramp talking, or maybe
    again, it's to tempt a defensive fighter into committing to attack.

Bottom line is that Shane-Pac is a pretty fair preview of just how
    'thrilling' a Floyd-Pac matchup could turn out to be to casual fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lineal Champ View Post
      -Shane kisses the canvas only the 3rd time in his career and he gets on his bike.
      -Shane clocks Floyd and wins a few rounds throws more/lands more punches on Floyd than on Pacquiao 92/452 vs 66/330
      -Meanwhile he gets shutout by Pacquiao (ignore the fake KD) and yet *****s say Manny "struggled" against Shane.
      I dont get it? I guess Manny set the bar to high for himself
      You're trying too hard. Shane proved against Floyd that Floyd can be hit cleanly. Talk about having high expectation! In a sport where 2 men stand there and swing at each other, its a big deal that Floyd actually got hit hard to where he was visibly hurt in over a decade of boxing. What Shane proved in the Pac fight is that Pac still has fundamental skill set issues. U don't have to be a ***** or ******* to understand that.

Shane's corner tells u all u need to know in those respective fights. "I'm not gonna sit here and watch u take unneccesary punishment. Ur gonna make me do something I don't wanna do." That my friend, was Brother Nazim during the Floyd fight. No such words were uttered in Pac's demolishing of Shane. Check ur biases at the door.

Comment

where are ya'll getting 66 from??shane landed 82 against manny

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          its not *****s who say pac struggled, its anybody with a brain. he didnt struggle to win, but he struggled (and failed) to performe. he won easily but he showed some huge flaws and thats what ppl are concerned about.

at the end of the day fighting mosley at this stage of shanes career was nothing but a measuring stick to see how he would do against mayweather. and the fact that he still cant get of in combinations when someone uses lateral movement is a big worry. if he was to fight floyd who is a master of controling ppl by placing his feet intelligently its hard to see his offense be effective.

mosley put himself in the right positions but was too old to pull the trigger, his reflexes were shot and so were his legs. and with those shot legs he still put his feet in a better position than pac.

also let me add shane didnt win a few round against floyd, he won the second and possibly the first, and he did win one early round against pacquiao and didnt get shut out there either. its all meaningless but still.

that stuff dont matter though, what matters is the flaws he exposed in floyd and pac respectively and imo pac showed more flaws.
          Good post but honestly, If Floyd used Manny's performance against shane as an indicator of Manny's flaws, I think it would be a mistake to underestimate Manny based on that fight... I don't think Manny was himself that night, No lateral movement on Manny's part just straight forward. It is nothing to do with how shane placed his feet neither because Manny was just moving forward. I do believe that the cramps affected his performance.. You can tell by the disgust on Manny's part that he wasn't at his best.. If he was satisfied then you know but he wasn't, he knew he wasn't right and he was disappointed.. Anyway for Floyd or anyone to use the shane fight as an estimation of Manny's vulnerability would be a grave mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by champ_kw View Post
            You're trying too hard. Shane proved against Floyd that Floyd can be hit cleanly. Talk about having high expectation! In a sport where 2 men stand there and swing at each other, its a big deal that Floyd actually got hit hard to where he was visibly hurt in over a decade of boxing. What Shane proved in the Pac fight is that Pac still has fundamental skill set issues. U don't have to be a ***** or ******* to understand that.

Shane's corner tells u all u need to know in those respective fights. "I'm not gonna sit here and watch u take unneccesary punishment. Ur gonna make me do something I don't wanna do." That my friend, was Brother Nazim during the Floyd fight. No such words were uttered in Pac's demolishing of Shane. Check ur biases at the door.
            shane couldnt drop floyd yet he drop pac

Comment

Originally posted by (ROY) View Post
              shane couldnt drop floyd yet he drop pac
              oh come on now... That is a really desperate response.. unless it was meant sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by tacuso View Post
                Why the double standard? You were impressed by Floyd's win and not with Pac because Pac cannot KO the same guy Floyd cannot KO. Shane is not afraid to get it on with Floyd, but he keeps running from Pac, how can Pac KO him? If you are both a fan of both, maybe Floyd is your #1 and Pac is #1000.
                I think what he's getting at is Floyd was able to do what he does best against Shane: Counter punch and dictate what Shane is and isn't able to do in the ring. Pac is the best at pressuring his opponents and forcing them to a fire fight and win by KO or a stoppage. He wasn't able to do that against Shane. Not to say that what Pac did was not impressive, but it wasn't what he normally does. Goes to show that syles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Yes he has set the bar too high, people expect too much of Pac like they think Pac should fly before they are impressed with his performance.

And all the threads recently started by wannabee boxing experts telling us Pacs weakness and how to beat Pac. How annoying can you get. Im almost want to threaten them by making Pac threads saying how he is so damn great but you have to show some restraint.
                  I was saying the same thing yesterday. It's like: "the dude sucks..one dimensional bum, Mayweather KO's him in 2 rds" Dominates Mosley, shuts him out and KD's him for only third time ever.

It's almost as if he is expected to win every fight by knockout or it's a letdown. Yet, dude sucks, lol

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    I was saying the same thing yesterday. It's like: "the dude sucks..one dimensional bum, Mayweather KO's him in 2 rds" Dominates Mosley, shuts him out and KD's him for only third time ever.

It's almost as if he is expected to win every fight by knockout or it's a letdown. Yet, dude sucks, lol
                    well the only reason *****s want Pac to KO his opponents is so that they can keep telling the world Pac is on steroids coz he's knocking out bigger guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
                      well the only reason *****s want Pac to KO his opponents is so that they can keep telling the world Pac is on steroids coz he's knocking out bigger guys.
                      No, you see..Pac was afraid of Mosley wanting him tested so he laid off the A-side for this bout just in case...it's obvious in how weak and unable to stop an old, antique, washed-up fighter like Shane who should have retired 3 years ago....wait......I meant....

Comment

Working...
                      X