Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Shakes Head at Golovkin: 25% For Jacobs is Ridiculous!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSnatcher View Post
    the one who don't know **** about it is you, idiot. They first offered $1.9m on the table and Jacobs got $1.5m against Kid Chocholate. And they had no intention to bring the bigger money on the table or persuade WBA to modify split. Enjoy another big drama show with guys like Heiland, Rose, or Tuerano.
    First off, some link for 1.9m?

Second, this guy is a fcuking mando with a shot at 3 belts. He just fought for 500k in Reading PA. Ggg has never made more than 2m in the US, while selling out areans. How's his no draw mando scoffing at that? That's not 25%, **** for brains

Comment

Originally posted by cali37 View Post
      Marquez is on point. Jacobs is the 2nd most recognizable name in the middleweight division and team ggg refuses to budge on the unfair purse bid split which will cause Jacobs to vacate and ggg nuthuggers will claim Jacobs ducked when ggg ends up fighting that nobody heiland

the fix is in

Heiland Deserves a Shot at Gennady Golovkin.....
      http://www.boxingscene.com/heiland-d...c-prez--109851

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        What stupid offer? You have no idea what was offered. This is the standard Wba split if it goes to purse bids, dummy

you mean, like the early purse bid that Team GGG requested?

Comment

Still not understanding this.

Why is the assumption that K2 offered only 25%? The more obvious narrative would be that K2 offered a bit higher (30% is what I have in mind but that's based mainly on the Sherdog 'source' and a bit of common sense) but that Jacobs felt the offer insufficient. which is of course his prerogative.

The threat of the mando split would then have been rolled out by k2 to try to bring Jacobs down, which would then have been countered by Jacobs requesting the mando be adjusted. Can anyone explain to me the holes in that version of events or propose a more likely scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

Why is the assumption that K2 offered only 25%? The more obvious narrative would be that K2 offered a bit higher (30% is what I have in mind but that's based mainly on the Sherdog 'source' and a bit of common sense) but that Jacobs felt the offer insufficient. which is of course his prerogative.

The threat of the mando split would then have been rolled out by k2 to try to bring Jacobs down, which would then have been countered by Jacobs requesting the mando be adjusted. Can anyone explain to me the holes in that version of events or propose a more likely scenario?
            No, that seems about as logical as it could be given the information we've been given. The only good news is that there are only a few more days of negotiations left before purse bids are called.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              the fix is in

Heiland Deserves a Shot at Gennady Golovkin.....
              http://www.boxingscene.com/heiland-d...c-prez--109851
              Doesn't the WBC get a percentage of all sanctioned bouts? So wouldn't they lose out if they pushed for Heiland instead of Jacobs? Anyway, in the article I'm not sure if 'opportunity' refers to getting a world title fight or getting the opportunity to become mandatory through an eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

I'm pretty sure K2 didn't have the WBA to firmly say that the champion receives a favorable 75 to 25 split only to offer more than 25%....

Comment

The thing is if Team GGG stick to that 25% which they are entitle to, they cannot come back and berate Tean Canelo even if they get offered 10%, this is playing nicely into GBP hands. The thing is Team GGG are amatuerish, you got to make some concessions to get the bigger payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    The thing is if Team GGG stick to that 25% which they are entitle to, they cannot come back and berate Tean Canelo even if they get offered 10%, this is playing nicely into GBP hands. The thing is Team GGG are amatuerish, you got to make some concessions to get the bigger payday.
                    True that. Also if they budge it doesn't look good on them. Either way GB can take advantage of this when negotiations begin for the fight with Cinnamon.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
                      True that. Also if they budge it doesn't look good on them. Either way GB can take advantage of this when negotiations begin for the fight with Cinnamon.
                      GBP would take advantage of this situation regardless, Team GGG are entitled to the 75% but it doesn't look good if they are always fighting opponents over money or splits.

Comment

Working...
                      X