Golovkin vs Eubank Finish Prediction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin vs Eubank Finish Prediction

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by CTE90; 04-03-2020, 09:45 AM.

I like Eubank, i'm a fan but his balance is terrible at times.

He might be catch 22 situation. He can be wild and off balance a lot, but in a way that kind of wildness at times makes him the fighter he is, but do you get away with being that wild at the top level against a real skilled puncher? And then if he goes in with a more measured approach, is he taking something away from himself and making him a more orthodox easy to figure out fighter for Golovkin to pick him off?

I think he would need a hell of a game plan and know when to pick his moments to stand any chance.

I'm going to go with Golovkin though. I'm a Eubank fan but before he finished the job on Spike O'Sullivan and Blackwell, they were right there with him for 4 or 5 rounds giving as good as they got and catching him and making him miss and be off balance. And they really are domestic level fighters. I just don't think he can get away with that against GGG. He's just way too experienced and skilled, i think Eubank's flaws and inexperience will play right into his hands at some point in the fight.

Comment

Golovkin by decision. He's not knocking out Eubank, unless Eubank is stupid enough to showboat, which he can't do here.

If Eubank is serious in this fight, then his size, speed, chin, stamina and heart will keep him alive for all 12 rounds. Remember, Eubank can punch and while Golovkin is stronger, he Golovkin won't be able to run him over like the trash he has faced so far.

Golovkin will win by UD, with Eubank having his moments. This is the toughest fight of Golovkin's career so far, without doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        I disagree with couple points here... Eubank Jr. isn't hurting any decent guys with single shots. Billy Joe, Chudinov, Spike, Blackwell were all standing on their feet all night.. He's somewhat heavy handed and those combos wear guys down in physical fight, but it's not like you have to worry about his single punches much.
        I also think that there were guys between that "Trash" that Golovkin fought that would beat Eubank. Willie Monroe Jr. would outbox him handily imo, Geale would be 50/50, with LEmieux he would need that chin that he says he has but we didn't see yet... I actually think that Ian Gardner would school him too - one overlook guy on GGG's resume, good fighter.
        To give you idea what kind of level Eubank's best opponent were at:
        - Spike lost every single round against Billy Joe, who struggles at least a bit against every decent fighter.
        - Chudinov in his UK fights couldn't beat gate-keeper Patrick Mendy, struggled with Maxwell, as well as ordinary Patrick Nielsen.
        - Blackwell went life and death with Bursak(could've gone either way to his credit), who then couldn't beat Jarrod Fletchet.

I mean, no offence to noone of those fighters, but some people don't quite realise how far away they are from world level. Wade is considered the worst opponent on GGG's recent resume, but he would beat anybody that Eubank beat, in style...
        1: Eubank is not a power puncher, no, but he can punch, the punches comes fast and while some guys hits harder, you don't want to rush into Eubank like you would against Geale, for example.
        2: The only guy on Golovkin's resume that would stand a chance against Eubank and maybe even beat him is Martin Murray, which I base on Murray's fights against Groves and Abraham. Geale? Monroe? Come on, you can't be serious, those guys are nothing to Eubank.
        3: Eubank's best win is Chudinov so far, which isn't too impressive, but don't make Chudnov sound worse than he is. He didn't struggle against Patrick Nielsen. Patrick was being cornered all night, only occasionally doing enough to keep Chudinov away from him.
        4: Lemieux got knocked out by Marco Antonio Rubio, he lost to Alcine and the ONLY impressive win on Lemieux's record is Hassan N'Jikam. Eubank would beat Lemieux, IMO. Eubank would beat and KO anyone who gets knocked out by Rubio.

Comment

GGG has knocked out every one of his last 22 opponents. I can see no reason why Eubank wouldn't be another KO victim. It's only a choice of which round GGG knocks Eubank out in. I'll guess round 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
            Golovkin vs Eubank Finish Prediction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3QWwKw47o
            That's what's going to happen when he tries to unload his flash combinations that he starts with right uppercuts from the outside...
            Good tool against guys who close their eyes and cover up when you attack them, but you don't get away with that on certain level...
            Still, props for stepping up if he does.
            What finish? It ain't even start yet...

Comment

No contract signed yet... starting to think Eubank is just stretching Golovkin's timeline and getting himself so publicity at the same time. Really hoping the fight comes off. Hoping GGG doesn't clock him too early, because in retrospect all his opponents look like cans... after the fight. Before the fight, they're all live underdogs... Wade was going to break his face, Rubio said he would hit him which he did but to no avail... Lemieux is I think the only guy that wants to face him again and I have my doubts about that. I mean, Pascal went right back at Kovalev... wasn't smart and didn't work, but he did. We don't see this with GGG opponents.

Comment

Ko in 9 Eubank becomes KO victim number 25 Next

Comment

Working...
                X