No announcement yet.

Better skilled fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better skilled fighter?

Out of these fighters whose skills are above the other? Who do you think ranks higher as far as skills go? List from more skilled

And if they went h2h whose skills would trouble who the most?

Sugar ray leonard
    James toney
    Floyd mayweather jr
    Pernell Whitaker
    Bernard Hopkins
    Roy jones jr
    leonard
    39.02%
    Toney
    2.44%
    Whitaker
    7.32%
    Hopkins
    2.44%
    Jones jr
    9.76%
    Mayweather jr
    39.02%
    Last edited by CumulousClouds; 10-13-2013, 03:01 PM.

Guillermo Rigondeaux

Comment

Roy Jones shouldn't be anywhere near this list, he had very little skill, boat load of natural athletic ability but no skills.

Comment

Tie between Whitaker and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
          Guillermo Rigondeaux
          I guess I coulda thrown him in there too. He definitely has skills.

What about That guy in your sig? Look at em almost taking a trip to snap city dodging those punches.

Comment

I don't think this question can be answered, although I'd say Toney could of probably beaten Hopkins..

If I had to pick three if they all fought H2H I'd say SRL, Floyd, and Toney are among the top 3 if all these men duked it out. If only Toney was as dedicated as Floyd..

Comment

Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                Roy Jones shouldn't be anywhere near this list, he had very little skill, boat load of natural athletic ability but no skills.
                I'm sorry but this is pure ignorance. I don't care how athletic you are you don't get to RJJ's level without a lot of skills. Just because he didn't box conventionally it doesn't mean he didn't have skills. He was an excellent ring general (and you can tell he knows an awful lot about boxing from his commentary) and did tons of subtle things. You cannot get that far on athleticism a lone. There are tons of super athletic fighters who get beat by the Brandon Rios' of the world.

Comment

Mayweather
                  Toney/Hopkins - can't decide, Toney is obviously the more natural fighter but in terms of skills it's difficult. Probably Toney edges it
                  SRL
                  Whitaker
                  RJJ

The last two had extremely good reflexes and Whitaker benefitted from being a southpaw obviously, but they were both extremely skilled in any case.

Now this ordering is not the order of their greatness, that would be more like this:

SRL
                  Mayweather/Whitaker
                  RJJ/Hopkins
                  Toney

ah **** it I actually can't order them so forget it. Toney is last is all I can say for definite which goes to show how great these fighters were.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                    So headmovement,timing,his left hook and his straight rt hand
                    And his footwork arent skills?

Most talented/gifted fighter ever.

His skills arent the best in all areas but he is the best in some categories.but specific ones , he is top dawg.
                    And the skills he did have. Were far beyond what
                    The same top guys who have great skills had.
                    In roys categories i stated.

Roys style itself is a pioneered skill.
                    Last edited by Jc8804; 10-13-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X