Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malignaggi-Mosley Almost Finalized For April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley is alway in shape, Mosley is done but am sure he wanted to put more money away...the good thing is he would be fighting a champion who cannot punch due to many hand injuries, A Mosley win would be a disaster for the WW division.

Comment

Paulie stops Mosley on cuts. That's what I think anyway

Comment

This. Sugar is done, but its not like Paulie is going to hurt him is it?
        Can anyone see Shane carrying on for a good few years, picking up paychecks & not getting kayoed?

Comment

I mean, you can see where Shane might get the opportunity to sit down and throw shots toward the end of the fight, but he just hasn't been able to get off lately. Cano really had to go to the body to slow Paulie down to the extent he did and I don't think Shane can invest that kind of work. He sees the openings, but can't pull the trigger. I like both of these guys but it kinda feels pointless, hopefully they can put on a decent show... I like being wrong about older fighters.

Now I feel bad for being OK with a Paulie-Hatton fight and not really wanting to see this one because at least Shane takes care of his body.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            If Paulie wins convincingly I think Mosley stays retired afterwards.....
            I thought Mosley announced his retirement after losing to Canelo .. according to Wikipedia "On June 4, 2012, Shane Mosley officially announced his retirement from boxing."

wasn't that long of a retirement, lol

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
            shane gotta pay his bills some how
            Mosley could always commentate, train or promote fights .. those options might not pay as much as competing, but they'd be better for his health

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
            The more important issue is how a 147 "champion" can get away with fighting a retired 154 fighter in his 40s.
            trust me, at this stage in his career and being a belt holder, I really don't think Paulie WANTS to fight Mosley ... it's unfortunately in his promoters hands

Paulie said he wanted to face Alexander, but with Devon Alexander tied into the Kell Brook match up, Malignaggi doesn't have the greatest options

Guerrero - targeting Mayweather

shucks I'd rather see Dmitriy Salita or Paul Spadafora in with Paulie ... especially if the fights in Brooklyn at least those guys have some interest with them

regarding this fight their is the possibility of

The only thing that could trip up a Malignaggi-Mosley fight is if the World Boxing Association refuse to sanction that fight due to Mosley having no ranking in any of the sanctioning bodies, as well as Mosley not having won a fight in three years since January 2009. That’s an awful long time to go between wins and if that’s not a sign of Mosley being a shot fighter I don’t know what is.

second article where I've seen that bit posted (read the bold) about the fight possibly not being sanctioned

article #2 "Mosley hasn’t fought since last summer and he could be rusty if Malignaggi fights him in early 2013. That’s a big if because it would have to be a non-title fight because Mosley isn’t ranked by any of the sanctioning bodies.

article from above is on page 14 site is b-o-x-ingnews24 dot com

so worst case if Malignaggi-Mosley is made, the WBA hopefully steps up and refuses to sanction it as a title fight

**and from a network stand point, why would Showtime want Malignaggi-Mosley? shouldn't they (Showtime) demand a higher caliber of opponent? shucks if not Mosley, why not Spadafora? he might not be at his prime boxing age (neither is Mosley) but he's at least undefeated and carries some intrigue with him into a fight with Maligaggi.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            FML with this bullshit. I've been gradually losing respect for Paulie. First he was dick-riding Hatton, then Cotto, now he's gonna fight Mosley?
            again it's not Paulie's call on fighting Mosley, blame it on the silly match making of Schaefer .. Paulie could do a lot better than Mosley (Spadafora, Maidana) yet neither of those options seem to be seriously considered

blame the match makers.

Comment

Working...
            X