Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Lights Out" Premiere Bombs: FX President Pledges Support For Boxing-Themed Drama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope AMC picks it up.

Comment

Well that was an interesting ending.

Comment

lol, not surprised. It looked stupid and that actor they cast for the lead was pure failure.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
          I hope this show makes it off word of mouth...I watched the Pilot and have been talking it up all week...I thought the writing was good and the acting was class...

If you're a boxing fan give it a watch you won't be disappointed.
          It's a pretty good show, the story line is decent. The action in it is pretty good too, I can see some crazy stuff happening in like 1 or 2 more episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
            Well that was an interesting ending.
            Yeah, hope he enjoyed the Ipod.

I thought the show picked up pace tonight: it takes awhile to set it all up.

The conflict between the upper middle class home life and the lower class gym/boxing life is the main thing here.

Lights is caught in the middle and doesn't really belong in either anymore.

The question is: will it destroy him?

Comment

I will tell you why the show bombed, 1, it's on FX, and two the actors suck.

Comment

I thought the show was decent.

I'll continue to watch it.

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia is still King.

Comment

I watched the first episode and was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the fake punch and poor technique is obvious, but it does capture the financial woes that many fighters face post-career.

Comment

So far I seen 1 episode and 10 minutes. And it's a great f-ing show. If it starred Jon Hamm all them gay elitist critics would nominate the **** out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                      So far I seen 1 episode and 10 minutes. And it's a great f-ing show. If it starred Jon Hamm all them gay elitist critics would nominate the **** out of it.
                      LOL -- good point. Holt McCallany ain't the typical leading man.

Then again, neither was James Gandolfini.

The Sopranos didn't do that well right at the start, either.

Neither did Sons of Anarchy.

So there's still hope.

Comment

Working...
                      X