Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson coming up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
    Nice evaluation, but I am coming from the perspective of an avid MMA spectator and (somewhat) practitioner. And between two people with the caliber of knowledge that we have, I think it's safe to say that we have seen Henderson absorb both harder shots than what Machida knocked Franklin out with, and surely much harder shots than we've ever seen Franklin throw against any opponent.

Just a note, I wouldn't say Sylvia "knocked the crap" out of Nogueira. I saw it as Nogueira being off balance from his head movement. I believe your argument is better illustrated with his sole victory over Ricco Rodriguez.
    I think you misread what I wrote my friend, I said Sylvia knocked the crap out of Ricco not Nogueira. But yeah that's what I was getting at in that common opponents don't really mean anything in combat sports because you don't know how well a guy has trained, what condition he is in both mentally and physically and how prepared he is for a fight. It was like the whole Chuck vs Wanderlei scenario that was going on for years where everyone I knew was in no doubt favouring Silva just because he destroyed Rampage 2 times and Chuck couldn't do anything to Rampage. You are right in saying that Hendo has probably absorbed bigger punches than what Machida can throw but again what has happened in the past is irrelevant when it comes to fighting in general, it's what happens on the night that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
      I think you misread what I wrote my friend, I said Sylvia knocked the crap out of Ricco not Nogueira. But yeah that's what I was getting at in that common opponents don't really mean anything in combat sports because you don't know how well a guy has trained, what condition he is in both mentally and physically and how prepared he is for a fight. It was like the whole Chuck vs Wanderlei scenario that was going on for years where everyone I knew was in no doubt favouring Silva just because he destroyed Rampage 2 times and Chuck couldn't do anything to Rampage. You are right in saying that Hendo has probably absorbed bigger punches than what Machida can throw but again what has happened in the past is irrelevant when it comes to fighting in general, it's what happens on the night that counts.
      I wasn't really trying to compare the fights that they've had, I was more or less trying to compare the damage that they've shown they could absorb. And Henderson has shown in his career that he can undoubtedly take more punishment than Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
        I wasn't really trying to compare the fights that they've had, I was more or less trying to compare the damage that they've shown they could absorb. And Henderson has shown in his career that he can undoubtedly take more punishment than Franklin.
        True, Henderson has absorbed more punishment, but that doesn't mean anything really. I mean, fights don't have to be about absorbing punishment in order to pull out a win from the trenches. If you come in with a good gameplan using defense coupled with great offence then punishment shouldn't be a factor. He's been outworked before such as his second fight with Misaki where he didn't absorb anything helacious but was still outworked on in every aspect. And Misaki is nowhere near the fighter Franklin is.

Comment

Henderson will take Franklin down and keep him there the entire fight.

Henderson by decision. 30-27.

Comment

I think this is a great matchup and really I see it as a bit of a toss-up. That said I'm definitely pulling for Dan, I've been a big Hendo fan since he, Couture, and Lindland use to train across town from me when I lived in Portland.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 10-07-2008, 03:13 AM.

Comment

It’s fights like these that make M.M.A. what it is. I will always love boxing first, but you cannot disrespect either one of these guys.

Comment

I have been looking forward to this fight for a while since basically it was announced Hendo was going down to MW and whats even better is that I live in Dublin , so I'm hoping to go to the event itself

Comment

I think this is the best UFC Middleweight matchup that Dana could make, the 2nd and 3rd best in the division.

Franklin has a good varied stand up game and Henderson is good on the ground and has power with that big right hand of his.

I think Henderson edges this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X