Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do posters continue to discredit Floyd's resume because he ducked fighters???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    You are trying to hard. Cotto, just like shane, odh and Manny, all decided not to fight Floyd when they were prime. They all figured it was better to beat lesser fighters than risk losing. WHen ODH was on his way out, he decided to fight floyd. When SHane was broke , he decided to fight floyd. WHen Miguel needed to resurrect his career, he decided to fight floyd. When manny had tax problems, he decided to take PED testing and then he refused the no ppv offer. of course he refused the fight and to take these same tests when he was prime

Lucky for the rest of us and sadly for fringe, tea party manny fans like you, all of the things above are documented.
    Quality post here.

It's a shame too, because all of the fighters you listed were "Yes men" for their promotions. Besides Oscar who had to break away from Arum.

Cotto = too green
    Pacquiao = too nice and floyd will say bad things, I'll sue instead.
    Mosley = Oscar gets to fight Floyd first

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      Quality post here.

It's a shame too, because all of the fighters you listed were "Yes men" for their promotions. Besides Oscar who had to break away from Arum.

Cotto = too green
      Pacquiao = too nice and floyd will say bad things, I'll sue instead.
      Mosley = Oscar gets to fight Floyd first
      SHane was the worst. Manny was disgraceful as well.

In ODH's case, I can understand because he was the man and 2 weight classes above floyd-that would've been a stupid risk. Cotto-I can understand as well. Why risk getting embarrassed and lose fans.

Comment

In ODH's case, I can understand because he was the man and 2 weight classes above floyd-that would've been a stupid risk. Cotto-I can understand as well. Why risk getting embarrassed and lose fans.
        Yeah Shane and Manny were definitely the worst offenders in that one. Cotto was PR's next son so no way was Bob going to risk him that early (Juanma/Gamboa is a more recent example of his shenanigans)

Comment

You are trying to hard. Cotto, just like shane, odh and Manny, all decided not to fight Floyd when they were prime. They all figured it was better to beat lesser fighters than risk losing. WHen ODH was on his way out, he decided to fight floyd. When SHane was broke , he decided to fight floyd. WHen Miguel needed to resurrect his career, he decided to fight floyd. When manny had tax problems, he decided to take PED testing and then he refused the no ppv offer. of course he refused the fight and to take these same tests when he was prime

Lucky for the rest of us and sadly for fringe, tea party manny fans like you, all of the things above are documented.
          Like I said in another post, when you write that stuff, are you believing what you type?

Cotto vs Floyd should have happened circa 2007/2008. Floyd fought Hatton instead and then retired. So how in your head can you say that it was Cotto that didn't want it? Just crazy!

About Mosley and Oscar, Floyd fans either say that they were too big and in different weight divisions or that Floyd called them out and they didn't want to fight Floyd. Well, which one is it? Don't forget, Floyd called out Manny and we all know how that turned out.

Finally, about Manny. You realize what you are saying? Floyd is admitting that Manny wants to fight Floyd now but Floyd thinks Manny is desperate and YOU ARE AGREEING to this, right? Well, WHO CARES about whether Manny needs money or not, we just want to see the fight, right? What does making the fight have to do with all that? NOTHING! ZIPPO! NADA!!! It's just Floyd putting out another dumb roadblock and his fans gobbling it all up.

Comment

You believe all that? You think all fighters think like Floyd and his fans?

Cotto fought Margarito, Mosley, Manny, Floyd, Martinez, Clottey. Lost some, won some but now you say that that same Cotto didn't want to risk losing and being embarrassed? Like I said, you must be thinking of Floyd when he is asked to fight someone like Manny or Sergio Martinez NOT Cotto who has done that and more!!!

WOW, you Floyd fans have some kind of courage to talk like that! Just crazy!

Comment

Working...
            X