No announcement yet.

took a week off training...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took a week off training...

...1st session back, thought i was gonna die!

due to my stupid stupid goddamn work, i had to go a week and a half without doing much training at all. when i got back to the club, it was a super-tough session. i didn't realise i could lose my edge so quickly, anyone else experience this??

Almost on par when bodybuilder claims they'll lose muscle if they miss a meal.

Believe me you're not losing anything with just a week off. Most likely in your head &/or you pushed yourself harder than normal without realising.
    If anything it probably did more good for you than bad.

Your body needs rest. Recovery is critical.

Comment

Fair point, it should come back quickly

i think i just needed to vent! hate it when work gets in the way

Comment

I think its best to come back with a light day after anymore than a few days off just to get the blood flowing and get your body back in the groove.

You were just a little rusty after your short break.

Comment

i might need to take a week off, feel ive not been at same level past few weeks

Comment

After about 8-12 weeks you should take a week off and start a little lighter than you finished on your last week before the week off. Rest is so important and so many people train like they are 15 years old thinking more work will always = more gains just not true.

Comment

I notice a difference even from a week off. If I manage my diet during the break though, I tend to be OK...otherwise, I'll feel like shiet.

Once you get in the habit of training 4+ days per week, it definitely makes it easier to notice changes after even a short break.

Comment

Working...
              X