No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Takes Full Blame, Doesn't Rule Out a New Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
    Khan can be saved! Wlad was saved. He has to find a trainer that accents his size and speed. He makes himself too small in attacking his opponents. If you don''t have the chin that offense will get you in to trouble
    vlad also benefits from fighting in probably the weakest division in boxing. kahn wont have that luxury. hes around a bunch of very good divisions. khan has very little hope of being elite.

Comment

It's not Freddies fault, but I wasn't getting enough attention from my trainer so therefor I need a new onelol....

Thats like your employer saying, I take full blame for that, but your fired.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        vlad also benefits from fighting in probably the weakest division in boxing. kahn wont have that luxury. hes around a bunch of very good divisions. khan has very little hope of being elite.
        Plus, can doesn't have the luxury of having 40 plus pounds advantage

Comment

It's crazy how people are making excuses for Con when the truth is "HE WAS ALL WRONG FROM THE BEGINNING!!!! Freddie Roach fighters are "hit and get hit" fighters and Con never had the chin to be good at that. Con was being timed by Garcia from the start and everyone in the room with me heard me say Con would eventually get caught by those counters. Moving up in weight will be even worst because most up there are harder punchers. I think it's too late to teach an arrogant prick how to use his height and speed, then you have to teach him defense then you have to retrain his mind to make the right decisions in there. Paulie is the only fight for Con at this point and if I'm Paulie I would instead wait for Hatton to come out of retirement which would be a much bigger purse for Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
            Khan can be saved! Wlad was saved. He has to find a trainer that accents his size and speed. He makes himself too small in attacking his opponents. If you don''t have the chin that offense will get you in to trouble
            You boys just dont listen. Wladimir Klitschko is a Heavyweight.. Amir Khan is a Junior Welterweight and theres a big difference between the two divisions. Wladimir does seems to have (as Carl Froch put it) bad punch resistance and nearly all natural Heavyweights contain one punch KO power. Khan on the otherhand gets wobbled every time he gets touched, even by lesser opponents with little pop. Comparing the two just appears to be a desperate attempt at not accepting the fact the Khans fragile jaw will always be a liability. And lets not forget the fact that Wlad has a natural advantage of being quite a bit taller than any of his opponents, whereas Khan does not have any advantages other than hand speed. For instance, Danny Garcia looked as big as Khan at the Presser and looked bigger than Khan in the ring, so unless Khan grows another 5 inches by his next fight, comparing Wlad and Khan seems silly. All that being said, i still think Khan is a good fighter who should continue making money, I just do not see the UK fighter as anything special. If Amir Khan were American, everyone would of wrote this kid off already.

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
              You boys just dont listen. Wladimir Klitschko is a Heavyweight.. Amir Khan is a Junior Welterweight and theres a big difference between the two divisions. Wladimir does seems to have (as Carl Froch put it) bad punch resistance and nearly all natural Heavyweights contain one punch KO power. Khan on the otherhand gets wobbled every time he gets touched, even by lesser opponents with little pop. Comparing the two just appears to be a desperate attempt at not accepting the fact the Khans fragile jaw will always be a liability. And lets not forget the fact that Wlad has a natural advantage of being quite a bit taller than any of his opponents, whereas Khan does not have any advantages other than hand speed. For instance, Danny Garcia looked as big as Khan at the Presser and looked bigger than Khan in the ring, so unless Khan grows another 5 inches by his next fight, comparing Wlad and Khan seems silly. All that being said, i still think Khan is a good fighter who should continue making money, I just do not see the UK fighter as anything special. If Amir Khan were American, everyone would of wrote this kid off already.
              I think what people are saying is, he needs to learn how to use his jab and height. He does have a natural advantage, which he doesnt use often. He has a quick jab, which works for him, however he rather be a showoff and tries way to hard to be something he isnt. If he toned it down, he'd still be a tough nut to crack, it'd mean he'd take less punches and he'd last longer, enough time to make his opponents get careless. Khan rushes, he's careless, and doesnt use his natural advantage, thus he always gets into trouble.

Comment

Can't no trainer change Khan's attitude. He has to do that himself.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  Plus, can doesn't have the luxury of having 40 plus pounds advantage
                  Exactly!

Comment

Yes sir you need a new trainer with real game plans

Comment

When you get hurt like this with full head gear you dont really stand a chance do you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qBRA...yer_detailpage

Look at those legs wobble!

Comment

Working...
                      X