Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do boxingscene members seriously think this fella David Price has a chance at a title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's had 13 fights, let the guy develop. Were the Klits a threat to Holyfield or Lewis in their 13th fight? No, so why push this kid so fast?

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
      Fury will probably avoid him like he has avoided Price.

Although I don't see the rematch happening soon as Haye is a bad matchup for Chisora IMO so I think Chisora will need to build his career up again after that fight.
      I don't think so, Chisora and Fury sell fights. A rematch would be big.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
        I don't think so, Chisora and Fury sell fights. A rematch would be big.
        Yeah, but Fury wouldn't fight Price because he wanted to go to World level.

Chisora can not stay at World level with 4 defeats on the spin if it happens. He would need a few good domestic/european level wins to get back there.

I think Fury/Chisora will happen again at some stage for sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          Yeah, but Fury wouldn't fight Price because he wanted to go to World level.

Chisora can not stay at World level with 4 defeats on the spin if it happens. He would need a few good domestic/european level wins to get back there.

I think Fury/Chisora will happen again at some stage for sure though.
          Fury/Price didn't fight because Hennessy and Maloney couldn't come to an agreement.

Hennessy wanted it on Channel 5. Maloney wanted it on Sky Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
            Fury/Price didn't fight because Hennessy and Maloney couldn't come to an agreement.

Hennessy wanted it on Channel 5. Maloney wanted it on Sky Sports.
            Maloney wanted to go to purse bids, Hennessy wanted nothing to do with it.

They are deluded if they think they can force fighters to face Fury on Channel 5 his whole career when there is bigger money elsewhere.

Comment

future champ????????????

Price has all the attributes to become world champ but is a long long way from the klitschkos level, he has good power, but his movement is too slow and he is open but his opponents havent been good enough to capitalize on his flaws......i think by the time he is ready to challenge the klitschko bro's they will have retired or be close to it, if that happens and price becomes world champ he will be in a really weak division with no real challenges and no big money fights and may be in a similar position to the klitschkos current situation, price still has the chin questions to be answered. He is a gr8 prospect and is streets ahead of the joke tyson fury, how would price fare against deonte wilder?????

Comment

price vs klitschko bro's

price also has to weigh up whether to wait and gain experience before fighting one of the brothers and risk missing out on the chance to challenge the dominant force of the last decade and a possible huge payday as both are not going to be around much longer or take the fight now safe in the knowledge he has nothing to lose and alot to gain...if he challenged one of them now he would get a huge payday alot of exposure and if he were to lose it wouldn't harm his career as he will have the excuse of being a relative novice and there is no shame in losing to a klitschko when you have had so few fights, the experience would be priceless (no pun intended) and he has the chance to win a world title at a very early stage due to the lack of challenges for the brothers....i personally think he should take the fight within the next 12 months before something happens like an injury or retirement and he misses out on the worlds biggest stage because once the klitschkos have gone the heavy weight division will be terrribly barron with little money and interest from tv. come on price, get that last bit of experience and go for it!! you have nothing to lose!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X