Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(POLL) Should Prince Naseem Hamed Be Inducted Into The IBHOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Princess Fraudmed will probably get in since you can get a ham sandwich inducted into the IBHOF.

Poet
    He was a hell of an entertainer and was great for boxing. I enjoyed watching all of his fights.

Comment

I was a big fan of Hamed in the 90s. He was terrific before he dumped Ingle as trainer! Having Steward and Suarez both train him and offer alternate corner work between rounds was insulting and ridiculous.

But based on his boxing record, sheer talent (in his prime 1993-97), excitement and entertainment value......yes he deserves inclusion.

I think the reason for the delay in inclusion is down to his behaviour outside the ring concerning that hit and run incident.

Also, for me I was very disappointed that he didn't really knuckle down in training and pursue the Barrera rematch (which he had a clause to demand!).

Its sad to see him bloated, clearly out of shape but still wisecracking at ringside now and again in his 30s. Teasing us with tales of a comeback that couldn't realistically happen at welterweight! Let alone featherwight!

Comment

Yes he is and its obvious imo,all the reasons why he should be have been mentioned-and they are all legit whereas all the reasons posted against him being inducted have consisted of him being a 'fraud',which says it all really doesnt it

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Great View Post
          Well....................
          Unless he was an undisputed champ, I think he just didn't do enough,... it was a weak era.

Comment

Originally posted by Hideo Kuze View Post
            who is the best fighter hamed beat?

kevin kelley? mccouhllough? ingle?

there's a reason why he's not in the ibhof.

You just proved you know nothing about Hamed's career his top 3 wins are CLEARLY Wilfredo Vasquez Tom Johnson and Vuyani Bungu

and 100% YES Hamed deserves to be in the HOF.
            Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 09-05-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hamed deserves recognition for pretty much cleaning out his division in spectacular style. Moreover he single-handedly dragged the lower weights into the limelight and you can bet that irrespective of Morales, Barrera and even Pac & Floyd's opinions of him they will ALL respect what his achievements meant to their earnings.

That said, Hamed will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the great "could have beens". His love of money and lifestyle above professionalism meant he was a shot fighter in his mid-twenties. Had he half the commitment of, say, a Carl Froch (a far lesser fighter in terms of talent) his achievements would have been off the scale. Instead he threw his career away and his preparation for what should have been his greatest triumph (Barrera) was effectively the signature on his own death warrant.

Comment

No. His Dumbo ears and gay-ass ring entrances alone should disqualify him.

Poet

Comment

i guess so

Comment

You can't name many (if any) fighters who have beaten so many past, present, and future champions as Hamed did and not be in the HOF. I strongly believe it is mostly an American media bias that has kept him out.

Comment

I would have chosen the maybe/undecided option.

On one hand, I don't think Hamed really did enough to be a HOF'er. And that's to no fault of his own, his era was weak. He cleaned out 126, and did all he could. But, his era was weak, and he doesn't have the best resume.

On top of that, I think there are many fighters still waiting to be inducted into the HOF who are much more deserving than Hamed is.

On the other hand, Hamed was INCREDIBLEY entertaining. And he brought so much light into the lower weight classes and was truley an exceptionally entertaining, talented and gifted fighter.

Whether you hated him or loved him, you knew for a fact you were tuning in to watch him fight. And in this sense, he did alot for the sport.

I personally wasn't all that much of a fan of him and knew that someone with the class of Barrera would beat him. But I must say I loved watching his fights and was truley awestruck and fascinated by the little fella.

In conclusion, I think he will eventually get inducted. His impact on the sport was just too big mainly. But ontop of that he was a good fighter and more over a incredible entertainer.

My verdict on whether he should be in the HOF is undecided. And it most likely always will be. Whether he does get in, or not.
                      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-05-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X