Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by res View Post
    Why are some of you guys talking like Hearns is going to stand back and play tag with Floyd? Leonard had power, something Floyd doesn't have. Hearns won't think twice about just coming in and mauling him.
    So Tommy Hearns would maul one of the greatest counter-punchers ever? And Floyd doesn't have power? You must be talking about Senior

Comment

• Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      Yeah. In fact Gil Clancy at the beginning of the broadcast raised concern about Hearn's weight (maybe a bit low). I bet you this dude didn't even see Hearn vs SRL fight.
      Lol....I didn't see that fight...funny. I been watching boxing since the 80's and was covering boxing in 2005-2006. I have actually interviewed these fighters so I don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Not saying he would. But if he did, it would be the early, to mid rounds.

I'm a Floyd guy. Since the 96 Olympics.

I've probably seen him been in real trouble in a few fights.

Thought Chop Chop caught him in the earlier rounds. Judah. Mosley. That's what makes him a pretty solid first ballot hall of famer.

That's not my point, bud.

If Hearns caught him, it would be a little different.

We will agree to disagree.
        I would agree that Tommy would have to catch him cold early, not after the fourth round. But yeah I saw all of both of their fights and I see Floyd beating him but I respect the fact that we can agree to disagree. I have a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post

assuming the fight took place at Welter weight, if FMJ only has decisicion in mind then Tommy will win 9 round to 3, tommy will only lose if his opponent turn in to brawler, and not just brawler but FOTY brawler, can FMJ do that???
          betmen, i would have to say that no, floyd mayweather jr., doesn't have it in him, to step out of his comfort zone, and transform into a balls to the wall brawler, to pull out a violent victory, ala sugar ray robinson, marvelous marvin hagler, sugar ray leonard, or even evander holyfield, unless it is against a powder puff puncher, like paulie malignaggi..lol..never against a guy who can lay you flat out, like tommy hearns...because floyd mayweather jr., is too much of an economical, defense first fighter, who pays too much attention to his own punchstats, and doesn't like to get hit, the way prime roy jones shunned getting hit, to leave himself open to be countered...

the day that floyd mayweather jr., reverts to old philly style boxing, and is taking two or three shots, to get one in, like the way meldrick taylor took shots from terry norris, is the day that floyd mayweather jr. retires from boxing...

Comment

• I can't tell if some of these guys are trolling or are serious.

Comment

• Man, imagine trying to roll one of Hearn's bombs? suicidal.

Floyds' Philly shell would be a hard style to win against Hearns . "The Hitman" can fire from a comfortable distance with his reach advantage so he'll be difficult for Floyd to counter clean, and with his punching power, it would be hard for Mayweather to catch so many shots from such a big puncher, especially for his weight class.

I see Floyd trying the shell, then deciding to fight him from the outside in spurts.trying to make Hearns reach so he can time him. Hearns wouldn't hesitate to come in when he wanted to, and land some hard shots. It will have to be a really active fight for Floyd, more than what he's used too for sure.

Interesting match up, but if i was to put money on someone, it would be Hearns.

Comment

• This wouldn't be a good fight at all, this would be a destruction... Hearns would stop him by the mid rounds... And not by TKO either

Comment

• Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                  This wouldn't be a good fight at all, this would be a destruction... Hearns would stop him by the mid rounds... And not by TKO either
                  as much as i hate to say this its true

Comment

• I would like to see how Floyd would adjust his style to fight someone like Hearns. I doubt he would stand in the pocket and fight off the ropes the way he has in his 147-154 career. One can only imagine.

But if I were to play "Create the Perfect Fighter to defeat Floyd Mayweather", Tommy Hearns would be that perfect fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X