No announcement yet.

Drunk driving confession "I killed a man"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    Apparently the guy is only going to get 2-8 years. 2-8 years for vehicular manslaughter? Unreal.
    That's how the law works.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
      That's how the law works.

they should add L to the last word of LAW.

Comment

Originally posted by UserTitleHealer View Post
        they should add L to the last word of LAW.
        It's not a perfect system, but it works for the most part. It's meant to be applied w/o emotions too.

Comment

He pleaded not guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            He pleaded not guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Trying to get a lighter sentence
              I have to be cynical of this as well. I'm glad he made the video and I do feel its from the heart. However, there is no doubt in my mind that this video wouldn't have been made if he got away with it. My guess is that it was an open and shut case and the kid wanted to do some good while at the same time trying to gain some favor. That being said, I don't feel he will regret this a bit if he doesn't get a lighter sentence. It is afterall a powerful message.

EDIT: In regard to the plea of not guilty, his attorney says its just a technicality and that the purpose was to ensure a random judge will be assigned. Not sure why, I dislike criminal law so I know very little of it. He claims Cordle will plead guilty infront of the assigned judge upon his next appearance.
              Last edited by Hous; 09-13-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
                In regard to the plea of not guilty, his attorney says its just a technicality and that the purpose was to ensure a random judge will be assigned. Not sure why, I dislike criminal law so I know very little of it. He claims Cordle will plead guilty infront of the assigned judge upon his next appearance.
                "Judge Lynch said Cordle's attorneys were trying to game the system. Under Ohio law, entering a guilty plea locks in the judge, before the case was reassigned. It would have been Lynch.

She said that she believes Cordle's team got spooked after she told them she didn't know how she'd sentence Cordle, who faces anywhere from two to eight and a half years in prison. "

The first judge sounded like she could have thrown the book at him so he maneuvered to get another judge, and he'll try to get a plea deal with the new judge.

That's not really what I call 'taking full responsibility' like he said in the video...

Comment

zimmerman should do this to troll ppl

Comment

Working...
                  X