Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Donaire is on a Pac undercard, should the headline

Have a passing of the torch theme
    (like literally have it billed that).
    Donaire has never been on a Pac undercard and if he was to do so now would kind of show that Bob is trying to transition Nonito into his next superstar.
    He just won FOTY from a couple of outlets
    (Yahoo, ESPN, The Ring)
    and he seems hot right now.
    He needs a coming out party and what better place to do it on a Pac undercard before Arum moves him into stand alone PPV (we all know this is going to happen).
    Maybe an all Filipino theme since he wants Villoria and Farenas on there.
    Not saying it's going to happen, but if Donaire was on a Pac undercard, wouldn't you get the feeling that it's a passing of the torch?

A passing of the torch title/theme maybe a tad disrespectful to Pacs ego.....

As far as the last part of your post it would seem that way all things considered

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Donaire has never been on a Pac undercard and if he was to do so now would kind of show that Bob is trying to transition Nonito into his next superstar.
      (Yahoo, ESPN, The Ring)
      He needs a coming out party and what better place to do it on a Pac undercard before Arum moves him into stand alone PPV (we all know this is going to happen).
      Not saying it's going to happen, but if Donaire was on a Pac undercard, wouldn't you get the feeling that it's a passing of the torch?

Bob phukked that up, he should've been in Pac's undercard for the past 4-5 years, even Rigo has 2 or 3 appearances on Pac's undercard. I would love for one of these journalist, to ask him exactly why Donaire has never been on any of Pac's undercard.

Comment

I doubt Nonito would ever be on a Pacquiao event, Arum and Team Nonito along with Team Pacquiao have pointed out many times that both teams do not get on for whatever reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          (Yahoo, ESPN, The Ring)
          just those names alone make it a good card. i dont think they need to have a "passing of the torch" theme though, it's not really necessary but I think people will assume it regardless which is fine.

Comment

It's a damn shame Donaire has never been a Pac undercard. From what I remember reading, it was Michael Konz who blocking it from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              It's a damn shame Donaire has never been a Pac undercard. From what I remember reading, it was Michael Konz who blocking it from happening.
              any reason why?

Comment

Try out for USA Olympic Boxing Team. Lose to Brian Viloria.

Two great Filipino fighters?

Comment

I remember reading about why Donaire was never on a Pac undercard. I think it has to do with Manny Pacquiao Promotions or something. I can't remember the exact details.

And i think the reason why TR is considering to put Donaire on Pac's undercard for his next fight is becaus of the simple fact that they are looking to stage the fight in the Philippines... Viloria will also be included I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    Try out for USA Olympic Boxing Team. Lose to Brian Viloria.

Two great Filipino fighters?

Meh, American Citizens, Filipino ethnicity.
                    People don't really care about their citizenship

Comment

Working...
                    X