Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Wilder the Hardest Puncher at Heavy weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid-Chocolate View Post
    I've watched wilder KO fighters with that right hand but i have to ask where does he get his HUGE power from?

Look at Wladimir Kilitschko, Punch technique is excellent, Huge Shoulders, Huge legs and Huge calf muscles. All these combined give him great power in his punches.

But when you look at Deontay Wilder, he has Huge Shoulders, but he has really skinny legs and decent punching technique for a PRO (he windmills sometimes). So how does he generate so much power in his shots? Can he do this just by using his Huge shoulders to help turn into his right hand even without having huge legs to drive into his punches. Or are Wilder's skinny legs deceiving and are actually much stronger than they look without being HUGE. Although i have noticed that even though wilder has skinny legs, his legs are lean and move pretty fast as he is punching. Is this Why?

Most big punchers had Huge Legs/ Huge Calves and Huge Shoulders e.g. Pacquiao, Golovkin, Stevenson, Mathysee, Tyson, Foreman, the Russian guy (forgot his name) who KO'ed Cleverly didnt have HUGE legs but you could see his legs were really solid almost like tree trunks.
    It has to do with the Opponents he's facing a Middleweight can knock out all those bums Wilder is fighting

Comment

you know he's knocking out fighters without a pulse,right?

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
        If a guy can swing that wide and catch someone it will most likely result in a KO. But to be caught with a punch that is that wide usually means you're a pretty **** boxer - just like Wilder's opposition.
        Pretty much on the money^ I'd say. And Wilder's got some big-ass arms to flail around.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid-Chocolate View Post
          I've watched wilder KO fighters with that right hand but i have to ask where does he get his HUGE power from?

Look at Wladimir Kilitschko, Punch technique is excellent, Huge Shoulders, Huge legs and Huge calf muscles. All these combined give him great power in his punches.

But when you look at Deontay Wilder, he has Huge Shoulders, but he has really skinny legs and decent punching technique for a PRO (he windmills sometimes). So how does he generate so much power in his shots? Can he do this just by using his Huge shoulders to help turn into his right hand even without having huge legs to drive into his punches. Or are Wilder's skinny legs deceiving and are actually much stronger than they look without being HUGE. Although i have noticed that even though wilder has skinny legs, his legs are lean and move pretty fast as he is punching. Is this Why?

Most big punchers had Huge Legs/ Huge Calves and Huge Shoulders e.g. Pacquiao, Golovkin, Stevenson, Mathysee, Tyson, Foreman, the Russian guy (forgot his name) who KO'ed Cleverly didnt have HUGE legs but you could see his legs were really solid almost like tree trunks.

It has to do with Bone Density, those guys you listed who have huge legs and builds also have DENSE bones, wide wrists.

The skinny guys like Wilder and Hearns also have heavy bones or dense bones they just don't have much meat on their legs. Another example of someone with heavy bones is Erik Morales dude was skinny as hell but he had wide wrists and a larger frame just not much meat on his bones, and he hit hard if he had speed he would be KO'ng guys with ease but according to Pacquiao, Morales was one of the hardest punchers he ever fought.

The guys who have lighter bones but are muscular don't hit hard, example timothy bradley he is built like a roided up pit bull yet he can't bust a grape. this is because he doesn't have dense bones. Look at zou shiming dude probably has frail bones he can't bust a grape either.

Comment

You combine his height, reach, and seriously look at the shoulders on the guy, it's not hard to see why he hits like a mule.

As I said, it may very well be all due to his opposition, but I think he has legit fight ending/fight changing power against anybody.

I'm not crowning him the next dominant HW champion either, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              It has to do with Bone Density, those guys you listed who have huge legs and builds also have DENSE bones, wide wrists.

The skinny guys like Wilder and Hearns also have heavy bones or dense bones they just don't have much meat on their legs. Another example of someone with heavy bones is Erik Morales dude was skinny as hell but he had wide wrists and a larger frame just not much meat on his bones, and he hit hard if he had speed he would be KO'ng guys with ease but according to Pacquiao, Morales was one of the hardest punchers he ever fought.

The guys who have lighter bones but are muscular don't hit hard, example timothy bradley he is built like a roided up pit bull yet he can't bust a grape. this is because he doesn't have dense bones. Look at zou shiming dude probably has frail bones he can't bust a grape either.
              dense bones fail post of the week

Comment

Keep in mind that a lot of it is temperament as well. Wlad probably can hit just as hard or harder, but his temperament is to use his size and patience. Wlad is also experienced and has been on the receiving end. So he knows what being reckless and only going for a big KO can do to him (get him caught, tire him out, etc).

Wilder isn't at that experience level yet. He has yet to lose or taste the canvas. Yet to be really shaken up by a top contender and therefore fights without much fear. He has a lot of confidence and belief in his hype that he "goes for it" when he senses blood. So his string of KOs vs guys not named Lamon Brewster, Corrie Sanders, David Haye, Alexander Povetkin, Mariusz Wach, Samuel Peter, Eddie Chambers, Ruslan Chagaev, Chris Byrd, etc…No all of those guys won't be mistaken for HOFers, but those aren't the guys you just KO on route to a 30-0 (30KO) type of record.

The man hits hard. But he's at a stage where he's supposed to do that vs his competition. Things may change when he gets hit, suffers a loss, steps up vs a good defender, or his punches bounce off of a durable fighter to where he'll have to show more than his power if it isn't getting him through.

Comment

He's not. It's just he always has a sitting target infront of him to hit, but put him In with top ten opposition and its a totally different story.

Comment

I don't think he's the hardest puncher at HW.
                    But he does have a lot of power, which probably comes from his unusual speed for a big guy. That right hand is probably the fastest of any 6'7+ man in boxing. Size and speed is a killer. I guess he has lots of fast twitch muscle fibres?

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                      dense bones fail post of the week
                      Why? is it a fail? you never heard of bone density?
                      if you have lighter bones you are not going to hit hard. you never met a guy with those big fist and wrists before so you think everyone has the same size bones and weight? Kelly Pavlik has big wrists too.

Comment

Working...
                      X