Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning out a weight division or moving up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning out a weight division or moving up in weight?

Which one is the hardest to achieve and gives you more credits if you able to do it.

Cleaning out a weight division like a flyweight boxer beating the 4 flyweight champs (IBF, WBA, WBC, WBO) or moving up in weight beating a flyweight champ, super flyweight, bantamweight , super bantamweight champ and why?
    Last edited by whirlwind; 04-04-2013, 02:43 AM.

I dunno I guess it depends on the level of competition. If everyone is in your weight class is world class then styaing in the weight class and dominating. Moving up in weight does seemlike it gives people more credit though even though its easier now than before since there's only a few pounds between weight classes.

Comment

it depends on the weight division ..for example beating Vazquez, Abril and Burns > moving up to beat Paulie

Comment

Whoever invented the boxing sport and regulates it now. They put the weight divisions for a reason. Your "body frame" certainly will meet a certain limitations as you move up in weight. The more you move up in weight these limitations will become more apparent.

A natural 5'2" in height flyweight with skills, speed and power will fairly beat a fellow flyweight with the same attributes but as he moves up more in weight, a natural 5'2" bantamweight will punch harder than a natural flyweight.

As he moves up more, even the weakest champ 2-3 weight classes above will give more problems than he can handle. He is not only has to deal with his own body limitation like losing more of his speed and power but also has to deal with taller opponents with longer reach and punches much harder than he ever received before. So for these reasons I choose moving up in weight.
        Last edited by straightleft; 04-04-2013, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          Whoever invented the boxing sport and regulates it now. They put the weight divisions for a reason. Your "body frame" certainly will meet a certain limitations as you move up in weight. The more you move up in weight these limitations will become more apparent.

A natural 5'2" in height flyweight with skills, speed and power will fairly beat a fellow flyweight with the same attributes but as he moves up more in weight, a natural 5'2" bantamweight will punch harder than a natural flyweight.

As he moves up more, even the weakest champ 2-3 weight classes above will give more problems than he can handle. He is not only has to deal with his own body limitation like losing more of his speed and power but also has to deal with taller opponents with longer reach and punches much harder than he ever received before. So for these reasons I choose moving up in weight.
          No wonder despite of other people saying it is easy to achieve, the fact that there are thousands or million of boxers around the world from the past and present only a few boxers who held a 5 or 6 weight division titles as of now.

Comment

It depends obviously.

All the "jr" divisions and belts have made it pretty easy to jump up and become a multiple weight class champion.

Comment

I agree with most of these comments, depends who's left in the division and who you're moving up to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                It depends obviously.

All the "jr" divisions and belts have made it pretty easy to jump up and become a multiple weight class champion.
                Easier maybe, but I wouldn't say pretty easy. It's still tough to step up in weight and win a title imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
                  I dunno I guess it depends on the level of competition. If everyone is in your weight class is world class then styaing in the weight class and dominating. Moving up in weight does seemlike it gives people more credit though even though its easier now than before since there's only a few pounds between weight classes.
                  Pretty much this.

Comment

All depends on who the fighter is fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X