Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zika Virus is really crazy!!! Check it out let people know!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    news bodies that aren't controlled by a state or a nonprofit organization PROFIT from the news. they have no commitment to telling the truth, or what i called altruism, which is basically working towards the common good.

science moves very slowly. you can only prove [support, really] a tiny bit at a time to the degree that it will stand up to scientific scrutiny. news travels fast, and is spread quickly. its for this reason in addition to the profitability of the media, that we should take any information from any news source with a grain of salt, particularly where medicine and public health are concerned.

this story is probably desgined to scare people, particularly women who are pregnant or may become pregnant, who have a lot of free time on their hands and use the internet and social media more than anybody but teenagers.
    I think there is cause for concern. These birth defects have gone from about 150 to 4000 in one year in Brazil. You're right about them not having a definitive link yet, but the evidence points to this as being the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      I think there is cause for concern. These birth defects have gone from about 150 to 4000 in one year in Brazil. You're right about them not having a definitive link yet, but the evidence points to this as being the cause.

i like numbers. that's definitely an issue, considering that these kids lost brain tissue. article didn't reference anything, really, and i would have loved to see more data.

Comment

Let's be clear, is it birth defects or mutant super powers?

Comment

Damn Mosquitos

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post

They're even talking about it here in NJ

Comment

where is piggy to spew out his genius in explaining these sort of things?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                where is piggy to spew out his genius in explaining these sort of things?
                never had the time to read.. was it congenital?

Comment

...and like everything else in the island it gets twisted, spund up and exagerated by the local media and ignorant radio stations.

Comment

It's generally not dangerous to people in the West.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      It's generally not dangerous to people in the West.
                      That's because it's man made, and targeted towards people in lesser economically developed countries.

Comment

Working...
                      X