No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Will Postpone Retirement For a Mayweather Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
    Pacquiao doesn't deserve a rematch and I would guess that the majority of boxing fans could care less about seeing Floyd fight(If that's what you call It) again. Neither guy threw any punches In the first fight and It was a pathetic effort by both guys. I don't think we need to see It a second time.
    There was nothing pathetic about that fight, the boxing community is just full of idiots.

Pacquiao and Mayweather are undoubtedly the fastest and most athletic boxers in the world and not to mention their ring IQ and reaction time, and everyone knew this about them before the fight took place.

So how in Christ's name could any of you have expected them to land at 40 or 50 percent accuracy against each other knowing how fast and hard to hit they both are? Shouldn't it have been obvious that they were gonna keep missing each other throughout the whole bout?

Anyone who expects anything to change for the rematch is also just being delusional.

Another thing to consider with Mayweather in particular is that the 34 percent landed punches is not a true reflection of how he performed in that fight, coz mayweather was using a probing/fending off jab throughout the entire fight. That jab is not the kind of jab that is intended to neccessarily land, it is just a jab you put out there to keep your opponent at bay (from bum rushing/swarming you) and also to keep track of distance between you and the opponent at all time, sort of like a measuring yardstick.

Now compu box will count all of those probing/measuring/warding jabs as punches thrown irrespective of the intention behind the jab.

We would probably get a better understanding of what really happened if we only counted the percentage of power punches thrown for both fighters as opposed to overall punches thrown.
    Last edited by Sledgeweather17; 01-02-2016, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
      lol looking obsessed and pathetic like khan.

let it go pac, floyds done.
      Not a Pac fan but come on bro you need to apologize. Pacquiao's rematch request is FAR more credible than Khan's fight request.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
        Well said. And if Floyd has the balls to go for the knockout he will be TBE. But he won't.
        You guys don't know **** about PBF!!!!!!

If you did then you would know that PBF went for the knockout almost every fight that he took, and you would then know that he started hurting his hands at almost every one of his fights, which is why he stopped going for the knockout.

He was LITERALLY fighting with only one hand by the end of his fight with Carlos Hernandes and Carlos Baldimir, he also hurt his hand in his fights against Robert Guererro, Zab Judah, and Demarcus Corley, amongst many other times that he hurt his hands.

Going for the knockout for PBF is therefore a suicidal tactic because imagine fighting LITERALLY with one hand against Pac coz you stupidly went for the knockout and broke your brittle hands.

Besides, doubt he would have succeeded in knocking Pacquiao out. He landed some really hard flush punches on Pacquiao and Pacquiao just carried on like nothing happened. There was that flush uppercut in round 11, the other uppercut in round 9 or 10, the super hard pull counter he landed flush on pac's chin in round 8 and even those two monstrous left hooks he landed in round 8. There was a monstrous check left hook too he landed in the later rounds but Pac walked through all of that fire and didn't get the shaky legs at all.

Even in the earlier rounds Floyd was tagging Pacquiao with flush right hands and the guy just carries on fighting like nutn's up. Jus look at round five when he unloaded that super agressive combo and sent Pac bouncing against the ropes. The guy doesn't seem faced at all jus carries on fighting. I mean, yeah he got phased mentally coz he was extremely weary of engaging PBF especially in the centre of the ring but man there should have been alot more physical effect, like there was on Floyd in rounds 4 and 6.

Everytime I think about that ish I ask myself how the **** Marquez did what he did to Pac if Floyd couldn't hurt him, coz I thought Floyd was the harder puncher based on his fight with Marquez.

Comment

"The reason is simple, I want to end my 21-year boxing career with a big bang so to speak."

wtf is this, pac doesnt talk like this at all. must be translated.

Comment

Please don't.

Comment

50 is a beautiful number. I would like to see that. The first fight was also good i think. Don't expect Mike Tyson kind of action from a defensive guy, watching him avoiding and countering is also pleasant for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                You guys don't know **** about PBF!!!!!!

If you did then you would know that PBF went for the knockout almost every fight that he took, and you would then know that he started hurting his hands at almost every one of his fights, which is why he stopped going for the knockout.

He was LITERALLY fighting with only one hand by the end of his fight with Carlos Hernandes and Carlos Baldimir, he also hurt his hand in his fights against Robert Guererro, Zab Judah, and Demarcus Corley, amongst many other times that he hurt his hands.

Going for the knockout for PBF is therefore a suicidal tactic because imagine fighting LITERALLY with one hand against Pac coz you stupidly went for the knockout and broke your brittle hands.

Besides, doubt he would have succeeded in knocking Pacquiao out. He landed some really hard flush punches on Pacquiao and Pacquiao just carried on like nothing happened. There was that flush uppercut in round 11, the other uppercut in round 9 or 10, the super hard pull counter he landed flush on pac's chin in round 8 and even those two monstrous left hooks he landed in round 8. There was a monstrous check left hook too he landed in the later rounds but Pac walked through all of that fire and didn't get the shaky legs at all.

Even in the earlier rounds Floyd was tagging Pacquiao with flush right hands and the guy just carries on fighting like nutn's up. Jus look at round five when he unloaded that super agressive combo and sent Pac bouncing against the ropes. The guy doesn't seem faced at all jus carries on fighting. I mean, yeah he got phased mentally coz he was extremely weary of engaging PBF especially in the centre of the ring but man there should have been alot more physical effect, like there was on Floyd in rounds 4 and 6.

Everytime I think about that ish I ask myself how the **** Marquez did what he did to Pac if Floyd couldn't hurt him, coz I thought Floyd was the harder puncher based on his fight with Marquez.
                Don't explain the concept of wraps to the boxing trolls. If they ever put on gloves and hit things they'd know what impact pressures do to a boxer's wrist joints. You can even bring up Naseem, who openly retired because of his ''hands.'' You could play them Cinderella Man a 100 times they'd still wouldn't get it, as if wrist injuries in boxing is anything new.

If Floyd really cared about his hands in the long term scenario he would've quit long ago, perhaps even after his first leave. However, the money, fame, entertainment, ''Money May'' was always for the fans, ego, and legacy. Sure enough Floyd will suffer from wrist osteoarthritis in the long run. But that's part of the game in boxing.

People don't want to hear that stuff because general fantasy is practical to like and dislike. Back in the great days of American culture where kids where hardcore baseball collectors, they focused on trading based on empirical achievement and statistics. Nowadays, men on the net choose boxers like kids playing with action figures.

Comment

this time without IV and injuries??

Comment

Nah, not interested. Pac is in it for the money, been corrupted by his sorry az z team and Floyd at least fights not to lose.

Comment

• Manny's going to likely have to take a big cut in his split if he wants the fight that bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X