Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barthelemy Decisions Shafikov, Wins IBF World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, 5'11" guy beat the much smaller 5'5" guy. Seriously, who the hell is 5'11" and fights at such low weights? Skinny ass Ethopian mother****er.

I hope someone KTFO Rances. Guy got a gift against some no name Afghan a while back on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Playing, yes. Clinching? Um...no.
      He was clinching the last 3 rounds, more in the 10 and 11.

Linares KO this guy.

He was too big for Shafikov. Just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
        Wow, 5'11" guy beat the much smaller 5'5" guy. Seriously, who the hell is 5'11" and fights at such low weights? Skinny ass Ethopian mother****er.

I hope someone KTFO Rances. Guy got a gift against some no name Afghan a while back on ESPN.
        This is the truth.

Really he is a 140 pounds natural fighter fighting vs smaller guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post

Barthélemy is listed at 5'10". "Sugar" Ray Robinson was 5'11" and fought at 147. Thomas Hearns also fought at 147, at a height of 6'1". Some ATG fighters enjoyed a substantial height advantage over their opponents. Why shouldn't Rances? If he can effectively fight at the weight, let him enjoy his natural advantage. Are you going to complain freakishly tall basketball players shouldn't be allowed to play against shorter athletes, too? Why doesn't a short guy like Shafikov drain down and fight Rigo? And as for the Usmanee fight, Barthélemy rightfully won a close decision. Having heart doesn't win points. And I will argue that Rances showed heart in that fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            He was clinching the last 3 rounds, more in the 10 and 11.

Linares KO this guy.

He was too big for Shafikov. Just that.
            No he wasn't. What were you watching? Too big, huh? Ever think maybe guys like Shafikov need to fight in the lower divisions? He's short for a lightweight. Let him drain down and fight smaller champs. I'll bet anything that if he thought he could, he would.

Comment

5'10 or 5'11 in 147 is ok...

But 5'10 in 135 is a ****in joke.

No he wasn't. What were you watching? Too big, huh? Ever think maybe guys like Shafikov need to fight in the lower divisions? He's short for a lightweight. Let him drain down and fight smaller champs. I'll bet anything that if he thought he could, he would.
              Yes , he was. Shafikov is ok for 135, Barthélemy not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                5'10 or 5'11 in 147 is ok...

But 5'10 in 135 is a ****in joke.

Yes , he was. Shafikov is ok for 135, Barthélemy not.
                I just did an Internet search. I'm not going to kill myself cross-checking all this, but one source claims the average height for 135-147 is 5'9". That shouldn't surprise you if you've been watching boxing long enough. I didn't need to do any research to know Bart is tall for the division, and I also didn't need anyone to tell me Shafikov is short. Draining down in an effort to gain a competitive advantage over your opponents is as old as the sport itself. I suppose we're supposed to restrict tall guys to certain divisions now. Did you ever hear of frame? Mike Tyson and Joe Frazier were short heavyweights. Did that mean Lennox Lewis and Muhammad Ali shouldn't have been fighting them? C'mon.

Comment

Didn't Diego Corrales was consider a warrior even when was the same size and weight as Ranses.

And don't most of Mexicans boxers always drain themselves to fight smaller boxers?

Margarito
                  Cesar Chavez jr
                  Brandon Rios
                  Jose Luis castillo
                  Leo Santa Cruz
                  Etc

The list is long.

Comment

Barthélemy is listed at 5'10". "Sugar" Ray Robinson was 5'11" and fought at 147. Thomas Hearns also fought at 147, at a height of 6'1". Some ATG fighters enjoyed a substantial height advantage over their opponents. Why shouldn't Rances? If he can effectively fight at the weight, let him enjoy his natural advantage. Are you going to complain freakishly tall basketball players shouldn't be allowed to play against shorter athletes, too? Why doesn't a short guy like Shafikov drain down and fight Rigo? And as for the Usmanee fight, Barthélemy rightfully won a close decision. Having heart doesn't win points. And I will argue that Rances showed heart in that fight as well.
                    Fair enough, but what about those stupid facial expressions he makes when he fights?

That alone makes me want to see him lose.

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
                      Didn't Diego Corrales was consider a warrior even when was the same size and weight as Ranses.

And don't most of Mexicans boxers always drain themselves to fight smaller boxers?

Margarito
                      Cesar Chavez jr
                      Brandon Rios
                      Jose Luis castillo
                      Leo Santa Cruz
                      Etc

The list is long.
                      Shut the **** up man. Most of mexicans fighters? And Ríos fought in 140 and 147 vs biggers guys like Diego Cháves.

Jose Luis Castillo Haha Haha...

Leo is a ****in skinny guy. He fought in 112 pounds when he was young. He is skinny.

And what about Gamboa in 126 pounds? He rehydrated to 145 pounds...

Rances is just a big guy for this weight.

Today he won a fight vs a midget

Comment

Working...
                      X