Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs Joe Frazier, who'd win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Marciano vs Joe Frazier, who'd win?

Two smaller HW legends. An intriguing match up, surely?

Hard to venture a guess. It largely would depend upon the Rock's ability to hurt Frazier in my opinion. If his power could faze him, Marciano could take it since they would both go right at each other.
    Last edited by Miburo; 04-13-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Frazier. He has felt George Foreman's power and Marciano has never felt any power like Frazier's.

Plus in a brawl type fight Frazier will be more more allusive than Marciano. Marciano's style of defense worked best against Boxer punchers.

Comment

Depends. Is Frazier over 40? So much depends on this.

Comment

Styles mean it would be centre ring brawl.

the guy who takes a better shot wins and thats Rocky.

Would be a war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cortezsucks View Post
            Styles mean it would be centre ring brawl.

the guy who takes a better shot wins and thats Rocky.

Would be a war.
            What makes you think Rocky takes a better shot than Joe?

Rocky was put down by Walcott and Moore while Joe's trouble was against Big George Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              What makes you think Rocky takes a better shot than Joe?

Rocky was put down by Walcott and Moore while Joe's trouble was against Big George Foreman.
              Against Moore he was off balance. Walcott could also take people's heads off especially if they didn't see it coming. Watch the Walcott-Charles KO. Marciano took a hellacious shots like that and came back to win. Frazier went down before Foreman and Ali.

Marciano would win this fight in the opening seconds of round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
                Against Moore he was off balance. Walcott could also take people's heads off especially if they didn't see it coming. Watch the Walcott-Charles KO. Marciano took a hellacious shots like that and came back to win. Frazier went down before Foreman and Ali.

Marciano would win this fight in the opening seconds of round 1.
                That shot moore got him with was good though, bloodied his nose.

Frazier did NOT go down before Ali, EVER. Bonavena and Foreman knocked him down quite a bit though. I still think Frazier would win this though. I have always said that fraziers left hook>rockys right hand

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                  That shot moore got him with was good though, bloodied his nose.

Frazier did NOT go down before Ali, EVER. Bonavena and Foreman knocked him down quite a bit though. I still think Frazier would win this though. I have always said that fraziers left hook>rockys right hand
                  You would need weapons of mass destruction to match the power of Marciano's right cross mate.
                  And Marciano had power in all of his punches. He destroyed a lot of fighters with left hooks and uppercuts as well.

I saw Frazier unable to hurt Foreman with his left hook yet Lyle and Young knocked him down several times with right hands. Marciano´s right was harder than both lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
                    You would need weapons of mass destruction to match the power of Marciano's right cross mate.
                    And Marciano had power in all of his punches. He destroyed a lot of fighters with left hooks and uppercuts as well.

I saw Frazier unable to hurt Foreman with his left hook yet Lyle and Young knocked him down several times with right hands. Marciano´s right was harder than both lads.

Frazier was also 5'11 with a 73 inch {?} reach unlike Lyle and Young who were both 6'2+
                    Foreman was also a 200+ big, strong, HW.

Marciano was also more of an accumulation puncher and it wasn't like he was knocking out the big 200+ pound good fighters because he didn't fight any.

Look who he knocked out too: Moore, Walcott, and Charles were the big names. All were under 200 pound fighters and Charles and Moore especially were LH fighters. All were past their prime. All had been previously been in many battles/many fights and had all been knocked out.

Look at Walcott for instance: Walcott was knocked out by past-prime Joe Louis before Rocky got to him. Walcott also knocked out Charles before Rocky got to him. And do we have to continue with Moore?

Rocky had very good power, no question, but let's not get to ahead of ourselves.
                    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 04-13-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X