Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Maidana does 854,000 PPV buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac Bradley II was an awesome fight. Mayweather Maidana was the best Mayweather ppv fight ever.

Comment

expected more, the undercard was star studded. this could also be good news because showtime can put pressure on floyd to fight someone who would be a big time draw, maybe cotto/martinez winner or even pac, canelo/lara winner if canelo wins

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        its so funny to me to see this and even Arum talking about the dissapointing Pac-Bradley numbers. Everyone has become so jaded that they act like 850,000 buys is garbage now? Those use to be super mega numbers. I remember one time that people thought you had star status if you could do like 450. Now its either a mil or bust.

At the end of the day, I could care less either way. Its not going in my pocket. I just want to see good fights. F the numbers
        Problem is, they make much more guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Funny ppv numbers don't matter unless it's Floyd
          Difference is, Pac ppv under performs and Arum loses money. Floyd's sells poorly and Showtime has a huge budget busting loss.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            What's really funny about this whole "numbers game" to me is that people are so quick to dismiss third-party reports such as Glaser's as being "not reliable" but at the same time are so quick to gobble up the reports given to them by the people who produced the event without ever stopping to think that maybe, just maybe, the promoters are inflating their own numbers to appear more successful.

Regardless, PPV numbers have never mattered to me. As a fan, I just want to see good fights and Mayweather/Maidana and Pacquiao/Bradley II were both excellent and entertaining fights, so you guys can have at it as far as picking a "winner."
            Great post. Floyd and manny were over achievers on PPV. WW shouldn't be cracking a million as many times as they have. Wasn't DLH-Trinidad over a million ppvs? That's the only WW fight I can think of that might have did a million homes. The fact that these small fighters have generated so much attention and revenue in a time where people said "boxing was dead" is truly astonishing in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephesians View Post
              I'd like to see some official sources but if this fight did under a million PPV they will make it up in the rematch in September. but they need to put Thurman-Porter on the undercard.
              Call me crazy but i still wanna see how Thurman vs malignaggi plays out.

Comment

I'd be interested to see how much they took on the UK side. I was charged £30 - two thirds more than what it normally is for a Mayweather fight. Obviously, Khan's being on the card had a lot to do with the inflation in price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  Pac Bradley II was an awesome fight. Mayweather Maidana was the best Mayweather ppv fight ever.
                  The Ortiz 2 piece and a biscuit PPV fight has to be a close 2nd.

Comment

Wow, and that was a card with Broner and Khan on it. Not enough Mexican fighters on Cinco De Mayo weekend? IF the numbers are true, who else could help Floyd break a mil?

Amir Khan? I don't know who else would have the fanbase...

Comment

Originally posted by mourinho1 View Post
                      Call me crazy but i still wanna see how Thurman vs malignaggi plays out.

I was just thinking about their little argument the other day. Thurman would permanently retire Paulie. I'd watch

Comment

Working...
                      X