No announcement yet.

Tony Thompson Vs. Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Thompson Vs. Fury

Nope not Tyson, but 18 yr old Hughie Fury!

****s going down on twitter right now...

@tiger_Thompson "@peterfury @j3cK_b @sb9592241 ok make a offer right here right now I'm in if baby hughy is"

https://twitter.com/tiger_thompson/s...11595628249088

@peterfury "@tiger_thompson @j3cK_b @sb9592241 great how much do you want ? DM me sir and look I'm not messing you around."

Fair play to the furys the aren't pissing about in this game, but surely this is way too soon?! I like highie and think he has great potential, but Christ he's only had 7 fights! No need to put him through the mill this early and find him shot by his mid 20's
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 07-20-2013, 11:27 AM.

Is this tony's real account?

@tiger_thompson

Comment

Been following the conversation with interest. Seems like Thompson is willing to go if the money is right. Great attitude from the Fury camp

Comment

Saw it too. Good banter. Even sent the number for Hennessy sports etc. haha

I've got Fury btw.

Comment

P.Fury just retweeted a fan comment saying it should be on the Haye Fury undercard... Makes perfect sense.

That way if Tony T wins it sets up the Tyson Fury fight perfectly (whether Tyson wins or loses).

Comment

I wonder how much thompson would do it for ? It has to be at least a 10 round fight or i wouldn't do it. Thompson stands to get bigger fights but much respect to the fury's.... I like how they operate...

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
              Been following the conversation with interest. Seems like Thompson is willing to go if the money is right. Great attitude from the Fury camp

This is how you develope a fighter.... The 0 actually can go & be beneficial...

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Saw it too. Good banter. Even sent the number for Hennessy sports etc. haha

I've got Fury btw.
                Come on man we haven't even seen Hughie take a punch yet have we? Tony has shown he still has some stuff left after beating Price twice. This is way too far too soon IMO.

If Hughie wins then all bets are off on this kids potential.

Anyway we still have to see what Hennessy says, though i get the distinct impression the Fury's steer their own ship

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  This is how you develope a fighter.... The 0 actually can go & be beneficial...
                  He can tough fights without going straight up to top 20 world level.

He hasn't even seen the likes of Audley, Sam Sexton type fighters yet.

You want to bring your guy on but you don't want him taking beatings

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    He can tough fights without going straight up to top 20 world level.

He hasn't even seen the likes of Audley, Sam Sexton type fighters yet.

You want to bring your guy on but you don't want him taking beatings
                    Leon spinks or witherspoon fighting holmes after 14 or 15 & gets robbed...he's 18 & has the attitude of "so what if i lose?" His team feels they want to do whst tyson did. Fight every month & by 19 was HW champion. Even if it doesn't happen he is only 18 & has plenty of time to recover from a loss if it were to happen. The fury's look like they could a force over the next decade or so. Let's see what happens. I like the fury attitude...

Comment

Working...
                    X