No announcement yet.

Help me sort my career out guys!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me sort my career out guys!

So I dropped out of my PhD (Huzzah, no regrets), but finding a career is way tough atm. I may go back for a 2nd MA in 2013/4 and then go to law school?

I dont know. I am rubbish and sticking to a plan. I am a free spirit and just like to float from one thing to another.

Law school ****ing sucks. It's a **** ton more work than a phD and very stressful with the lawl school curve and ****ty job market out there. Only go to law school if you are absolutely certain it is what you want to do. The work itself is not difficult, but amount of it sucks.

If your first MA doesn't make you happy, neither will your second. Just keep looking for a job in whatever field your interested in.

Comment

Ok, so no law school. I loved by first MA - really enjoyed it. The second one I am eyeing is a program in Intelligence Studies.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        Ok, so no law school. I loved by first MA - really enjoyed it. The second one I am eyeing is a program in Intelligence Studies.
        What was first MA in?

Comment

International Relations. 2008 grad.

Comment

International Relations. 2008 grad.
            Seek job in international relations. May be hard to get, but take another job for the time being and be on the look out for dream job. Maybe write a book or something to add to your resume related to IR.

Comment

and you actually want to work for a living?

my advice?
              go where there is need. follow money, dude. you'll have hard time trying to scratch a living out of something esoteric like that. maybe i'm wrong, but i doubt it. i dont see any money (read: a job,) there.

Comment

I think I'm almost too old to go back to school. As my previous sentence would suggest.

I think I'd look kinda of out of place.

Eng Lit: 101

"Uhh sorry, can I leave this big bag of tool's outside?"

Math: 101

"Measure twice, cut once? No? My bad."

I'm not smart. But I can open a gawdamn pickle jar, and change a tire.

Comment

Good grades are all I have.

I would love to work for an arm of government or in corporate intelligence for Shell or someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    I think I'm almost too old to go back to school. As my previous sentence would suggest.

I think I'd look kinda of out of place.

Eng Lit: 101

"Uhh sorry, can I leave this big bag of tool's outside?"

Math: 101

"Measure twice, cut once? No? My bad."

I'm not smart. But I can open a gawdamn pickle jar, and change a tire.
                    You're not too old to go back to school. My mother went back when she was 35. She now has a Masters and is considering going back for a PhD.

Comment

Working...
                    X