Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas Inks With Cameron Dunkin, Top Rank Bound?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good move from a business stand point. hopefully dunkin does'nt let him get screwed by top rank. he can get a future fight with pac or bradley.

Comment

Really, I mean how far could Mayweather take him anyways ?

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        His contract was up and if Floyd ain't offering him a new one then Vargas has to secure another one. Nothing personal at all.
        I was thinking along the lines of the bolded above, myself. Seems like no one is considering the possibility that maybe Floyd didn't want to keep the kid. Seems like if he really did, he surely would have made Vargas (a relatively unknown/unimpressive prospect at this time) an "offer he couldn't refuse" <----- said in my best Marlon Brando voice .

Maybe Floyd felt that Vargas wasn't everything he'd originally hoped he'd be.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          Jessie Vargas, to me, will always be known as the one who got kissed on the ear by Trenton Titsworth. Nothing more. I could not possibly give less of a shit about this guy. :yawn1:
          what happened?

Comment

he's going to golden boy...... the last place anyone from a mayweather boxing gym is going to is top rank... lol...

he's loyal to the mayweathers and for floyd starting him off but he wont go to top rank

Comment

Jessie Vargas is a young talentes fighter, hopefully Top Rank makes a great one out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusEG View Post
                Really, I mean how far could Mayweather take him anyways ?
                ^^^This.

Mayweather Promotions isn't a licensed promotional company in the State of Nevada. Like someone said I think he'll sign with Golden Boy.

Comment

I would like to hear why he jumped ship?

Did he not feel he was getting enough exposure?

His strength of schedule wasn't good enough?

Not enough money?

What?

Comment

Working...
                  X