No announcement yet.

Michalczewski: I've lost 30 million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
    Yes. Inexplicably The Ring made Jones the LHW champion, despite the polish-german Michalczewski having a better claim with his win over Virgil Hill.
    The Ring Magazine has always been very prejudiced against European fighters.

Hopefully that will change in the coming years, with Oscar owning it now, but sadly it still retains most of those terrible writers and editors.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
      You rarely hear about a white fighter blowing his riches.
      I can name a few germans: Sven Ottke and René Weller.

And a succes-story turned sour: Dane Hans-Henrik Palm was in the summer good for some 25 million euros due to him being a succesful post-career businessman. The financial crises has sent him in dire straits and now he lives at the mercy of the banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
        The Ring Magazine has always been very prejudiced against European fighters.

Hopefully that will change in the coming years, with Oscar owning it now, but sadly it still retains most of those terrible writers and editors.
        Well The Ring often has some great articles but the decision to make Jones the champ still baffles me.

Comment

It blows my mind that he had that much to lose. Talk about some fighters making to much. sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by checkmania View Post
            It blows my mind that he had that much to lose. Talk about some fighters making to much. sheesh!
            He had a great career and has earned every penny.

Comment

Well The Ring often has some great articles but the decision to make Jones the champ still baffles me.
              At the time the Ring magazine had a policy that the number 1 ranked boxer (Roy Jones) could be declared the Ring champion for beating the number 3 ranked contender (Eric Harding). I could be wrong though but that's how I remember it.

Virgil Hill should've been the Ring Champion however for beating Henry Maske (they were the number 1 and number 2 ranked light heavyweights at the time), and Michalczewski should've then become the Ring champion for beating Virgil Hill.

Comment

I can name a few germans: Sven Ottke and René Weller.

And a succes-story turned sour: Dane Hans-Henrik Palm was in the summer good for some 25 million euros due to him being a succesful post-career businessman. The financial crises has sent him in dire straits and now he lives at the mercy of the banks.
                It's a shame he didn't lose his life along with his earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                  At the time the Ring magazine had a policy that the number 1 ranked boxer (Roy Jones) could be declared the Ring champion for beating the number 3 ranked contender (Eric Harding). I could be wrong though but that's how I remember it.

Virgil Hill should've been the Ring Champion however for beating Henry Maske (they were the number 1 and number 2 ranked light heavyweights at the time), and Michalczewski should've then become the Ring champion for beating Virgil Hill.
                  Exactly. If you believe Hill was the linear champion DM would be that as well when he defeated him (and therefore Erdei is the linear champion today).

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
                    It's a shame he didn't lose his life along with his earnings.
                    LMAO...Sven Ottke P4P the most boring fighter of all time!!

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                      LMAO...Sven Ottke P4P the most boring fighter of all time!!
                      He was a white version of Floyd Mayweather: excellent defensive skills, but watching him puts you to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X