Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Boxing has been dying for the last 100 years"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think the fading of the Boxing has alot of do with the HW division, we don't have exciting, meaningful fights (yet) up there. Wlad is a relatively boring fight but does what he does well.

Think about it, everytime boxing had a great HW champ boxing has thrived Dempsey, Marciano, Holmes, Louis, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Ali, Foreman you all remember those eras. Do you remember the eras without a great HW champ? Do you remember the era of Carnera? Sure there were some great fighters & fights in the lower classes but do you remember them?

As soon as we have a exciting HW DOMINANT champion, boxing will be on the rise!
    Last edited by Ryn0; 10-27-2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      Personally I think the fading of the Boxing has alot of do with the HW division, we don't have exciting, meaningful fights (yet) up there. Wlad is a relatively boring fight but does what he does well.

Think about it, everytime boxing had a great HW champ boxing has thrived Dempsey, Marciano, Holmes, Louis, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Ali, Foreman you all remember those eras. Do you remember the eras without a great HW champ? Do you remember the era of Carnera? Sure there were some great fighters & fights in the lower classes but do you remember them?

As soon as we have a exciting HW DOMINANT champion, boxing will be on the rise!
      Agreed sir. I still think that this era in boxing is not so bad. The lighter weight classes have good champions and I enjoy the fights even though we have to pay $50 to see them...I ti sthe people who you watch them with and talk about them with. i just wish we had events happening more often is all.

Comment

lol refer to sig

Comment

Working...
        X