No announcement yet.

So where does GGG go from here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    Oh yeah? how many times had he been dropped before Canelo dropped him? Is it safe to say Canelo dented the armor?

Oh word? How many times has Kirkland been sparked out? Is it smart to judge a fighters entire career based off one outing?

I'm not saying has elite power. I'm saying he has legit power. You may disagree.
    I think that's the only fight Kirkland was KO'd in, but he's been badly, badly multiple times. He might have had a good chin, but training like Ann Wolfe trains people ruins it. Marg probably would have been KO'd by the same guy if he trained like Kirkland did.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      I think that's the only fight Kirkland was KO'd in, but he's been badly, badly multiple times. He might have had a good chin, but training like Ann Wolfe trains people ruins it. Marg probably would have been KO'd by the same guy if he trained like Kirkland did.
      I can tell you right now, that that's the only time Kirkland has not only been KOd, but also the only time he lost. He has no defense and gets clobbered and stays on his feet most of the time. He withstood everything a prime Angulo had. He's a tough mother ****er.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        Monroe might be, but I kinda want to see dude a couple more fights, see if he can pick up more experience, improve a bit and then be a solid opponent for Golovkin. I think if they fought right now might be too soon for Monroe. Better for him to wait (although there's the chance the opportunity may never present itself again so it's a tough decision).
        I 100% agree. I'm mad his promoters didn't get him a fight in the second half of last year. It's just there's a crunch now to find a Golovkin opponent for May/June and Willie's been pretty vocal on Twitter about taking it. His half-*ss promoters likely won't hesitate to cash in.

Given who's available at 160, I honestly would prefer Korobov above all the other options.

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
        Tureano's fighting style could give Golovkin some problems. He would have to come with a good gameplan and stick to it. Get in Golovkin's chest, make him uncomfortable and throw flurries of punches. Staying close to your opponent is an effective way to smother his work and neglect his power.

Golovkin also likes to come forward and control the tempo of the fight so it would be interesting to see if Tureano could disrupt his rhythm. I don't think anyone has ever forced him to fight on the inside or going backwards. Of course that's the way Tureano usually fights but doing it against a fighter of GGG's caliber is a different story.
        I don't think Tureano is durable or strong enough to stay on Golovkin's chest like Ouma did.

Comment

Oh yeah? how many times had he been dropped before Canelo dropped him? Is it safe to say Canelo dented the armor?
          Except Cotto, Trout hadn't fought anybody of note before Canelo though. The level of opposition and the fact that he's a decent defensive fighter who likes to stay on the outside allowed him to slip through the cracks.

He was suspected of having a shaky chin since the amateurs when he got dropped three times by Vanes. I believe Cotto hurt him as well. I can't tell in which round exactly but Cotto did hurt him and Trout did his trademark funny dance, although it was so quick that almost nobody noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            Except Cotto, Trout hadn't fought anybody of note before Canelo though. The level of opposition and the fact that he's a decent defensive fighter who likes to stay on the outside allowed him to slip through the cracks.

He was suspected of having a shaky chin since the amateurs when he got dropped three times by Vanes. I believe Cotto hurt him as well. I can't tell in which round exactly but Cotto did hurt him and Trout did his trademark funny dance, although it was so quick that almost nobody noticed it.
            Fair enough. But let's not forget that Trout was being touted ass 'thee man' at 154 before Nelo beat him up. Yes, Canelo beat him up imo. Clear win. He ran away with the fight late by a few points. Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              Here's the Ring Magazine top 10 middleweight rankings..
              1.Cotto- doesn't want any part of GGG
              2.GGG
              3.Sergio- obviously not an option anymore
              4.Gaele- already demolished
              5. N'Dam- fighting DL soon
              6.Lee- fighting Quillen April 11
              7.Murray- just demolished
              8. Taylor- not fighting anymore I hope
              9. Saunders- he's waiting on Quillen-Lee winner
              10.jacobs- also fighting April 11 and probably waiting on a quilled showdown

GGG has nobody in the top 10 to even fight in June.. Chavez called him out on Twitter but he's fighting soon himself and already ducked GGG last summer..
              Froch doesn't want him at 168.. Ward needs 2-3 comeback fights.. The direly are busy with fights..
              Anyone at 154 that can come up and challenge the guy? Looks like he's gonna have a tough time finding any kind of respectable opponent in June unless Lara or Andrade decide to test him at 160 which I doubt they do.. It's a shame Cotto won't make the fight for June in MSG against GGG..
              I would like to see Lara fight GGG.

Comment

I can tell you right now, that that's the only time Kirkland has not only been KOd, but also the only time he lost. He has no defense and gets clobbered and stays on his feet most of the time. He withstood everything a prime Angulo had. He's a tough mother ****er.
                He went life and death with prime Angulo, they are both D class fighters. Kirklands best win is Angulo... He's tough as in a bad dude you don't want to **** with, but he isn't a good fighter by any means. A natural counter-puncher like Canelo should eat him up.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                  which money fights are you talking about? Chavez and froch wont fight him. The only one that wants to fight him is ward, and lets be real that isnt a money fight
                  I tried to address that in the second paragraph. As I thought about it he just can't get any big money fights, he's just in a ****ty spot at the moment. Chavez called him out though, hopefully he back it up this time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    See I feel just the opposite. I think Monroe is the most ready out of available guys. I look at Tureano's fights with Gavronski & Theran and he just offers nothing against Golovkin. He's a light hitting volume puncher. Gennady would just punch right through his offense.

Monroe atleast has the ability to survive with his movement and will have the fastest punch that we've seen Golovkin face as a pro which will address some critics saying he's too slow to handle some slick fighters. In addition has some quality wins over Vera, Adams, Kopylenko, even Bondoravas.

Heiland has some quality stoppage wins over Macklin & Godoy and could be interesting, but again Golovkin would get no credit for destroying him.
                    I would like the Monroe fight too. I didn't mention it only because Monroe was quoted recently as saying he still needs a couple more fights before taking on GGG but I guess that's nothing an extra couple hundred thousand dollars can't change.

Comment

Fair enough. But let's not forget that Trout was being touted ass 'thee man' at 154 before Nelo beat him up. Yes, Canelo beat him up imo. Clear win. He ran away with the fight late by a few points. Imo.
                      "The Man" might be a stretch... but he was definitely regarded as a big threat to Canelo. As a matter of fact, most people thought Canelo would duck him.

Comment

Working...
                      X