No announcement yet.

How Cotto can go down as an ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 winky wright > cotto
    pwill beat margo with the plaster or with out it ?
    pwill > cotto

Comment

I don't think he wants to hang around much longer but who knows. Anyway, obviosly he's gotta beat Margarito, bonus points if he can do it without the fight stopping on eye damage. Then he deserves a shot at Mayweather or Martinez. And a win there pretty much puts him in ATG company imo.

Golden Boy and Top Rank won't let him anywhere near Canello or JCC JR. Cotto is near the end and they won't let him spoil the rise of their cash cow kids.

Comment

that'd be a crazy good list for him to run through at this point of his career. he doesn't beat martinez, but it wouldn't be bad losing to him either imo. it would be expected.

Comment

That's a tall order for a guy with only a handful of fights left. I don't think Canelo or JCC do anything for him. They are rising 'stars' and we have no idea where their career will end, so its premature.

Fights with Pac, Martinez and Money are legacy fights, and Margarito, to an extent because of their rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by AEOUS ETERNALIS View Post
            i disagree. floyd ducked cotto blatantly. he owes him a fight for all that PR is too far ****. floyd ducked Margarito as well. letting all real challenges slug it out while retiring like an overpriced whore.
            Cotto didn't make it "big" until he beat Mosley. That was the peak of his fame and dominance. He beat Quintana in his welterweight debut, but people said, "Well, Quintana's undefeated...but he's not a veteran."

He gave Judah the biggest thrashing of his career, but people said, "Well, Judah had speed and whatnot...but he's known to be mentally broken and is really a junior welter."

He went and beat Mosley who was coming off a win against Luis Collazo and then people said, "Okay, NOW he's big. He beat a hall of famer in a fight where he was supposed to be the brawler and he outboxed who was 'supposed' to be the boxer."

Cotto then went on to fight Margarito in a fight all hardcore boxing fans wanted to see. Had he beaten Antonio and later gone on to beat Oscar, then MAYBE we would've gotten a serious fight in mid-late 2009, but we didn't.

Let me ask you, would you LIKE to see Cotto-Mayweather at this point?

Comment

ATG??? no. HOF? i could see that.

Comment

JCC Jr and Canelo don't do much for a resume considering how they got their titles and the defenses they have had

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                  Cotto didn't make it "big" until he beat Mosley. That was the peak of his fame and dominance. He beat Quintana in his welterweight debut, but people said, "Well, Quintana's undefeated...but he's not a veteran."

He gave Judah the biggest thrashing of his career, but people said, "Well, Judah had speed and whatnot...but he's known to be mentally broken and is really a junior welter."

He went and beat Mosley who was coming off a win against Luis Collazo and then people said, "Okay, NOW he's big. He beat a hall of famer in a fight where he was supposed to be the brawler and he outboxed who was 'supposed' to be the boxer."

Cotto then went on to fight Margarito in a fight all hardcore boxing fans wanted to see. Had he beaten Antonio and later gone on to beat Oscar, then MAYBE we would've gotten a serious fight in mid-late 2009, but we didn't.

Let me ask you, would you LIKE to see Cotto-Mayweather at this point?

yes. but floyd will duck Cotto until the end of time.

Comment

Working...
                  X