Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Clottey's short hooks and inside uppercut affect cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Clottey's short hooks and inside uppercut affect cotto?

So what will Cotto do when his attempts to come inside and throw body shots are nullified by constant short inside hooks and uppercuts?

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    So what will Cotto do when his attempts to come inside and throw body shots are nullified by constant short inside hooks and uppercuts?
    yep, cotto is open for uppercuts and overhand rights. cotto better potshot to a decision.

Comment

those uppercuts are the key for cotto, it just opens the body

Comment

They will if Cotto fights an inside fight. He's gonna have to stick n move or be ****ed up in this fight.

Comment

look for a repeat of the last 2 rds against SSM

Comment

thats the main reason why I think cotto will be a decision. No way he'll be able to take those hits for too long so he'll abandon going to the inside and body attack and just stay on the outside, pot shot and throw little flurries like he did against margarito and win a close UD.

Comment

Cotto's been susceptible for the uppercut, but what people fail to realize is he hasn't been dropped by one uppercut shot while being @ WW. He took solid uppercuts from both Zab, Mosley, and Margarito who up to the 11th round was still standing and fighting.

Cotto needs to be careful with Clottey's uppercut, but as Ive said before...he hasn't hurt or taken anyone out in quite sometime. Is Cotto really already that flawed that he'd get hurt from Clottey's uppercuts after getting hit with faster punchers with the same punch in Mosley and Zab?

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                They will if Cotto fights an inside fight. He's gonna have to stick n move or be ****ed up in this fight.
                Dude you seem to forget that Zab until he quit was handling Clottey decntly and landing shots to the body. I think Cotto if he has a brain in his head will have tightened up his D by now and worked on keeping his gloves and elbows closer together when inside thsus making him less a target for uppercuts. The over hand right is just a problem of him carrying his left low and not bringing back his jab quick enough leaving himself open to this punch Mosley showed the ability to hit him with this punch at will in tehir fight especially after the 6th round. Mosley has much faster hands then Clottey Clottey i woul dimiagine has faster hands then Tony so it is what it is to me Tony was able to land because he throws so many punches Cotto did not know from what angle or direction those punches were coming from so it wasn't so much Tony's speed but his punch output and pressure that he put on Miguel that gave him trouble. Once Tony figured out he coul dland the upper cut the fight shifted dramatically. I do not see Clottey as haivng the speed of Moslety or putting the pressure or punch out put like Tony. What that means to me is that Cotto can rack up on points early if he plays his game right and dont be surprised to see Cotto start out fighting like he did against Tony but the fight shifting later on and then him pressuring Clottey....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                  Cotto's been susceptible for the uppercut, but what people fail to realize is he hasn't been dropped by one uppercut shot while being @ WW. He took solid uppercuts from both Zab, Mosley, and Margarito who up to the 11th round was still standing and fighting.

Cotto needs to be careful with Clottey's uppercut, but as Ive said before...he hasn't hurt or taken anyone out in quite sometime. Is Cotto really already that flawed that he'd get hurt from Clottey's uppercuts after getting hit with faster punchers with the same punch in Mosley and Zab?
                  honestly, I prefer cotto to err on the side of caution and win a decision without taking to much damage...

cause eating uppercuts isn't good for cotto's health whether or not he wins the fight or not.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                    Dude you seem to forget that Zab until he quit was handling Clottey decntly and landing shots to the body. I think Cotto if he has a brain in his head will have tightened up his D by now and worked on keeping his gloves and elbows closer together when inside thsus making him less a target for uppercuts. The over hand right is just a problem of him carrying his left low and not bringing back his jab quick enough leaving himself open to this punch Mosley showed the ability to hit him with this punch at will in tehir fight especially after the 6th round. Mosley has much faster hands then Clottey Clottey i woul dimiagine has faster hands then Tony so it is what it is to me Tony was able to land because he throws so many punches Cotto did not know from what angle or direction those punches were coming from so it wasn't so much Tony's speed but his punch output and pressure that he put on Miguel that gave him trouble. Once Tony figured out he coul dland the upper cut the fight shifted dramatically. I do not see Clottey as haivng the speed of Moslety or putting the pressure or punch out put like Tony. What that means to me is that Cotto can rack up on points early if he plays his game right and dont be surprised to see Cotto start out fighting like he did against Tony but the fight shifting later on and then him pressuring Clottey....Lefty
                    good points, but cotto never turns it up late. either his opponents are half dead past the 6th round from bodyshots or cotto has to get on his bike because of the stamina issues.

lucky for cotto, clottey is a gasser too.

cotto better stick to potshotting.

Comment

Working...
                    X