No announcement yet.

Cotto Threw And Landed More Jabs Than Power Punches Against Mayorga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    That sort of strategy is actually not very good against a Margarito type of fighter. Digging to the body is the way to kill Margs. and I was disappointed that Cotto didnt easily wipe out Mayorga like he should have.

but, I still believe Cotto will win, simply because I see Margarito being much more shot than Cotto is.
    Since when is Cotto Tito Trinidad? And since when is Mayorga a KO victim for anybody early in the night with the exception of Oscar who landed a perfect punch in the 6th?

Keep it in perspective guys. The Mayorga that showed up to fight Cotto was game and fit.

It took Mosley 12 rounds to KO Mayorga in 2008.

Comment

and looked like crap while doing it

Comment

Originally posted by LaMigra View Post
        Since when is Cotto Tito Trinidad? And since when is Mayorga a KO victim for anybody early in the night with the exception of Oscar who landed a perfect punch in the 6th?

Keep it in perspective guys. The Mayorga that showed up to fight Cotto was game and fit.

It took Mosley 12 rounds to KO Mayorga in 2008.
        Mayorga looked like **** ass in his last fight again Walker, and his chin has been cracked multiple times now. He doesnt have much in the skills department, so when his physical gifts go, hes gone. And the man is old. I was expecting Cotto to dispatch him easier than that, and so did most Cotto fans.

And DLH was mutilating him from the first round.

Comment

Mayorga looked like **** ass in his last fight again Walker, and his chin has been cracked multiple times now. He doesnt have much in the skills department, so when his physical gifts go, hes gone. And the man is old. I was expecting Cotto to dispatch him easier than that, and so did most Cotto fans.

And DLH was mutilating him from the first round.

I was expecting Tony The Tiger Thompson to not have 2 losses on his record and at least 5 more KO's...

Have you tried calling Cotto and telling him he let you down cause you were "expecting" so much?

Bottom line: Cotto won and hit him in the mouth so hard, his hand became possessed and began to burn.

"Ese Boricua pega duro" ~Mayorga post fight

Comment

You mean the way Khan ran around the ring half asleep for 2-3 rounds against Maidana with the Ref saving him every 20 seconds from getting knocked the fck out?

Unless Khan had a chin transplant in Brazil, it is just a matter of time son. Keep feeding him to washed up fighters like Zab Judah and he will go far. But you and I both it's just a matter of time and he will be exposed again.

Amir Chin Con
            Running for a couple rounds when you're hurt isnt the same as running for 3/4 of the fight to avoid taking more punishment. Cotto mentally quit after 3 rounds

Comment

I was expecting Tony The Tiger Thompson to not have 2 losses on his record and at least 5 more KO's...

Have you tried calling Cotto and telling him he let you down cause you were "expecting" so much?

Bottom line: Cotto won and hit him in the mouth so hard, his hand became possessed and began to burn.

"Ese Boricua pega duro" ~Mayorga post fight
              I see, so youre a biased fan and Im not allowed to scrutinize a fighter's performance to predict how he does in later fights.

Excellent.

Comment

Cotto has one of the most underrated jabs in the sport

He was throwing and landing it like a boss early on against Pac

When he neglected it was when Manny started taking over
                Last edited by Trigg; 07-29-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  I won't lie, that left jab to that eye of Tony has me worried but other than that, I'm good.

I think Cotto is a better offensive technical boxer than Marquez. But Marquez is both offensive and defensive.
                  whaaaat? dude thats crazy, marquez is waaaaaay better offensively than cotto. cotto doesn't like putting his punches together much anymore and its primarily that jab followed by the hook that defines cotto now a days.

as a boricua, i'm offended you stated that fallacy.

Comment

... but yeah, that triple jab in the tenth round that cotto landed was disgusting.

Comment

I see, so youre a biased fan and Im not allowed to scrutinize a fighter's performance to predict how he does in later fights.

Excellent.
                      I see you in 76% of all Cotto threads with your bias.

As I said before: I expected Tony Thompson to not be a punching bag for 11 rounds against Wlad and I also expected Tony Thompson to have a much better resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X