Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Iole puts Max Kellerman on blast

for being such a fanboy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...hSFyQAgc9NbK5_

Take Kirkland and Tapia. Tapia went to the hospital and is on the road to recovery and Kirkland will be battered against Canelo or whatever other skilled fighter he faces. Yeah the fans enjoyed it but their purses and accomplishments don't show that. HBO wins because they get cheap fights with high ratings. Then once their careers are over in a year or two they will be replaced with the next few guys who will batter each other for a couple of HBO dates.

Comment

Kevin should stfu. Boxing has many styles that's what's great about it. He brings up Mexican fighters who are more offensive are popular. No ****, it's because they're Mexican and have a large fanbase. Obviously if Rigo was Mexican he would be a bigger attraction that he currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Take Kirkland and Tapia. Tapia went to the hospital and is on the road to recovery and Kirkland will be battered against Canelo or whatever other skilled fighter he faces. Yeah the fans enjoyed it but their purses and accomplishments don't show that. HBO wins because they get cheap fights with high ratings. Then once their careers are over in a year or two they will be replaced with the next few guys who will batter each other for a couple of HBO dates.
        What's the implication of your post? (srs Q)

Comment

didn't read. Iole is the same one who scored Rigo-Donaire a draw, right? And said he wouldn't attend any of the promotions for Pac-Margarito, but did. Lulz I'll just assume half the **** this fools says he says for hits.

Comment

To me it reads more like he is blasting Rigondeaux.

Comment

Iole is a UFC fanboy who not long ago got completely ripped up by Dana on twitter. It was ridiculous. The only thing I respect iole about is that he calls out UFC for allowing TRT.

Everything else he does is minimal coverage of boxing, and a whole lot of UFC fanboyism.

Comment

I did not enjoy the Kirkland fight.

I enjoy slugfests when its done by skilled boxers like Morales-Barrera or Corrales-Castillo.

Otherwise i dont see the joy in watching club brawlers end their careers, paychecks, and health to satisfy drunks in the stand. Thats not boxing.

Comment

Read Iole stopped reading.

Comment

I personally hate Kellerman's commentary but if Iole kept watching the fight he would have noticed that even Kellerman said that while he loves the sweet science that the fight wasn't all that enjoyable for him. He said that Corrales-Castillo was actually his favorite fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X