No announcement yet.

how many pressups do you do a day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many pressups do you do a day?

i used to be terrible at press ups but i've managed to get up to 180 in a session 9 x 20. i only do this once a day. how many do you guys do a day?

when I use to do Muay Thai it was about 50 in 1 go and that was say 6 times a week but sometimes we mixed it up.

Now at boxing say we do 20 then some more excercises then do close arms etc so about 3x20 or sometimes do a min worth of press ups

Comment

I do sets of 50, usually 4 sets in a 20 min period. The first two sets within 5 mins... the third set after another 5 mins... the fourth set after about 10 mins.

Comment

when i was in college and lifting seriously i did 300 a day many times per week, according to the principals laid out by arnold. sets of 50-75 after warming up. fast/explosive, but in control on the way down and keeping constant form

if i do that many now i start to develop a cyst on my left wrist.

if you're only at sets of 20 i would suggest you keep at it steady, and try and work your way up to higher numbers. make sure you're taking days (full days,) to rest. you don't want to be doing anything other than the lightest of activity every single day. even if you don't break down, you'll be doing a disservice to yourself and gaining less because you aren't resting.

and don't listen to reed about anything other than roy jones. he's midly studly, yes, but he bought a dvd after watching an informercial and works out in his living room. now he thinks he's billy blanks.

Comment

I like to change pushup forms in order to make it more challenging. For instance i place my hands closer to my waist, do them very slowly, do diamond pushups, 1 arm pushups et cetera, but i stay within a 8-12 rep range per set.

What is there to gain exactly by doing so many repetitions i wonder though? You guys use it for endurance or something as a cardio exercise?

Comment

none if it's not included in my mma training.

I use weights. It's superior.

Comment

Currently 50 straight. No breaking push up position. Slowing is ok but completely stopping is no-no.

Im not into building up muscle anymore, just maintain.

Comment

100 in a day

Comment

i typically range from 100 to 500 in a day, 500 is typically during the summer.

i've been doing them since i was 12, i go 100 a set.

Comment

oh, 3 or 4 ............. Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X