No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Karim Mayfield Feels He Was Robbed of Win With Eyubov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Karim Mayfield Feels He Was Robbed of Win With Eyubov

Rochester, New York - In the opening bout of the telecast, undefeated welterweight Bakhtiyar Eyubov of Brooklyn, N.Y., by way of Kazakhstan won a close 10-round split decision-that could have gone either way-against veteran Karim Mayfield of San Francisco, Calif. (95-94 twice for Eyubov and 95-94 for Mayfield).
    [Click Here To Read More]

A draw maybe, a win for Eyubov, even with a point deduction, not cool! Eyubov is strong, but he's not a great boxer. Reminds me of Ruslan Provodnikov!

Comment

Mayfield definitely won.

It's unusual to see a Mayweather guy get robbed.

Comment

Mayfield won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Mayfield definitely won.

It's unusual to see a Mayweather guy get robbed.
          Bakhtiyar Eyubov is with Haymon just like Mayfield.
          Last edited by Kigali; 08-20-2016, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Yes he was robbed. I knew the fix was in when Farhood and Martinez commentary team was giving Eyubov credit for those ineffective flurries and going long periods without landing anything significant while Mayfield was landing with accuracy.

Comment

Euybov walked thru karims punches while karim would back up when euybov landed... The kill or be killed type of fighter deserved the win in my eyes even tho karim landed more pitty pats!

Comment

I thought mayfield won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackclouds View Post
                  Yes he was robbed. I knew the fix was in when Farhood and Martinez commentary team was giving Eyubov credit for those ineffective flurries and going long periods without landing anything significant while Mayfield was landing with accuracy.
                  Really?? bcuz I swear I heard them say they scored it for Mayfield and were criticizing Eyubov the whole fight

Comment

Mayfield won that fight clear as day. Eyubov had some good exchanges early but lost a lot of steam. Mayfeild controlled the fight from the outside and even did better in the exchanges. He'd land 3-4 punch combos unanswered and he snapped Eyubov's head back throughout the fight. I thought along with landing the much cleaner effective punches the point deduction sealed any hope Eyubov had.

8-2 on my card, disgusting robbery not a close fight at all. T

Comment

Working...
                    X