Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricardo Mayorga vs Vernon Forrest - Closet Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a prime example of when another fighter gets in another's head, Mayorga did just that.

Comment

I miss Mayorga.

Comment

This fight brought me back R.I.P Forrest.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
          Wow! this turned into a Floyd thread by the first comment, well done guys
          LMFAO, you can talk about anything and Floyd always comes in any thread

Comment

I remember this fight from starting the biggest chain reaction of ****ery I've ever seen.

Mayorga beat Forrest 2x, unifying the WBC/WBA belts

Spinks (IBF champ) beats Mayorga to become undisputed champ

Judah beats Spinks to become undisputed champ

Judah has a "Zab moment" and loses to Baldomir

So after all that ****ery....Carlos "Tata" Baldomir became lineal welterweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              what i got from that fight is styles make fights , and skills dont always pay the bills ...

that is why i think duran thinking floyd jr is average is normal and i think even chavez sr would've made floyd that way ....
              Skills pay the bills about 90% of the time,,, this was one of the 10% times it doesnt

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              Wow! this turned into a Floyd thread by the first comment, well done guys
              It always does,,, especially when the topic is around the welter division

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
              Mayweatherr is a much better boxer than Forrest.
              FLoyd is a more complete boxer, but he isnt leagues above forrest,, honestly floyd would be hard-pressed to beat forrest, his jab and length would cause floyd alot of problems,,,

Originally posted by puga View Post
              ..and chavez sr was much better fighter than mayorga...
              Yes he was,,

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              I miss Mayorga.
              I miss him too,,, I wish he would have fought margs, corrales, gatti, baldomir,,,, at welter mayorga was a monster,,, but then he went up in weight and tito ruined him... Mayorga was one of my all time favorites

Comment

I was there at Pechanga for this fight. It was pretty crazy. Very small ballroom. Mayorga walked thru the back of the room to get to his dressing room during one of the undercards and started to get people going. He was definitely in Vernon’s head. I was a few seats behind Margarito who took off pretty quickly after the fight was stopped. I remember whishing King and Arum could get together and make that fight instead of the Vernon rematch. That would have been a fun fight at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                  I was there at Pechanga for this fight. It was pretty crazy. Very small ballroom. Mayorga walked thru the back of the room to get to his dressing room during one of the undercards and started to get people going. He was definitely in Vernon’s head. I was a few seats behind Margarito who took off pretty quickly after the fight was stopped. I remember whishing King and Arum could get together and make that fight instead of the Vernon rematch. That would have been a fun fight at the time.
                  I would still pay to see a Mayorga/Margarito fight

Comment

I think it would have been alot like the Margarito vs Danny Perez fight but the build up would have been NUTS!

Comment

Forrest fought scared in the rematch and ended up losing. These losses hurt him from becoming potentially an ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X