No announcement yet.

Why Pirog isn't fighting in the US revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    isnt lara fighting ronald hearns on showtime or did that card get cancelled because of excess buminess?
    Both Lara and Russel Jr are fighting in the Berto-Ortiz undercard now. There's nothing official about Hearns being the opponent yet other than the rumors.

edit: I'm wrong. it is official I think. He's fighting Hearns, but on HBO.
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...o-ii-undercard

Comment

Im on my phone so im not going to look for links but the pirog geale fight was being discussed for the first part of 2012 like feb or something like that

Comment

Pirog needs to carve a way to the top 160 lbers.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Im on my phone so im not going to look for links but the pirog geale fight was being discussed for the first part of 2012 like feb or something like that
          Yeah, I remember that, but I'm no sure why that means Geale backed out. Pirog could have just as easily backed out for his own reasons. Why call Geale a hoe? Showtime could have also simply decided not to go for it. Too much money for something nobody will watch.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 12-24-2011, 12:27 AM.

Comment

dear santa,

please take over HBO and grant the wishes of the many many boxing fans the fight they want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              isnt lara fighting ronald hearns on showtime or did that card get cancelled because of excess buminess?
              Yes he is, but this fight was signed well-after Pirog had already said no to Lara. Hearns is a fight Lara took after calling every one out and nobody wanted him. Called out Molina and Williams for rematches, called out Pirog, Kirkland.

These clowns, Team Pirog, wanted Sergio to fight them in Russia and not caring if HBO or Showtime didn't want the fight. But they told Lara, who was willing to go to Russia to fight Pirog, that they would only fight him if HBO or Showtime want the fight.

Only people defending this clown are either Russian or they're just clowns themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Yes he is, but this fight was signed well-after Pirog had already said no to Lara. Hearns is a fight Lara took after calling every one out and nobody wanted him. Called out Molina and Williams for rematches, called out Pirog, Kirkland.

These clowns, Team Pirog, wanted Sergio to fight them in Russia and not caring if HBO or Showtime didn't want the fight. But they told Lara, who was willing to go to Russia to fight Pirog, that they would only fight him if HBO or Showtime want the fight.

Only people defending this clown are either Russian or they're just clowns themselves.
                wasn't pirog trying to make a fight with geale on showtime? i don't think he could or should fight lara if that was even a possibility. stop everything i have to fight a junior middleweight untelevised to boot just because he called me out!

Comment

I also want to bring up this quote form Pirog's team from June.

"Pirog rejected the American offer to fight overseas as it was highly unprofitable. Money for Dmitry is here, in Russia, and not in the States right now."

I was originally thinking it was an offer for FNF or Solo Boxeo, but now that I know he's making a killing in Russia, there's no way he was even negotiating with them with the budget FNF and Solo boxeo works with. It must have been HBO or at least Showtime. Pirog claims his dream is to be fighting on America, but the dude is rejecting offers from premium cable.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

No, he said that if they were to fight in the US it would have to be on HBO or Showtime, but that they would fight him in Russia if he was willing to accept the same amount that the other guys Pirog faced in Russia did.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

"Pirog rejected the American offer to fight overseas as it was highly unprofitable. Money for Dmitry is here, in Russia, and not in the States right now."

I was originally thinking it was an offer for FNF or Solo Boxeo, but now that I know he's making a killing in Russia, there's no way he was even negotiating with them with the budget FNF and Solo boxeo works with. It must have been HBO or at least Showtime. Pirog claims his dream is to be fighting on America, but the dude is rejecting offers from premium cable.
                    That quote doesn't say anything that suggests they were negotiating with HBO or Showtime. That's just guesswork or wishful thinking on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

You'd like to draw that conclusion, however it appears he only found interest at ESPN:

Firstly, we offered a fight to both HBO and Showtime but they weren’t interested, so we were forced to look for other opportunities. ESPN looks to be the most possible host right now as they are really interested in such a fight, although nothing is solidified right now. The only problem is that my earnings will be very small. I’ll tell you frankly that this fight is very unprofitable for me. There’s an opportunity to arrange a fight with my countryman in Russia and to get paid in much bigger figures but that is not what I really want. Personally, I want to fight in America as often as I can to get much needed exposure overseas. Oppositely, if I continue fight in Russia, I shan’t be known in America, and I shall be unable to get major dates against the best fighters in business

http://www.************.com/f2/new-p...-etc-7138.html

Comment

Working...
                      X