No announcement yet.

Why exactly did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SKULL DUCKED View Post
    But he didn't really do this did he? I though Floyd looked great vs Mosley despite limited footwork.. he stood toe to toe with him. Pacquaio looked pretty tentative in there with Mosley.. even the last few rounds after the "KD" he didn't look all to great despite getting pissed

I would say more than anything, shane looked like doo doo vs either guy. Manny got the kd and didnt almost get put on his ass like floyd. That would prob be the only arguments as to why manny looked a little better. Bjt them you have that mosley was a year plus older.

Either way, the differences in their performances were marginal imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SKULL DUCKED View Post
      But he didn't really do this did he? I though Floyd looked great vs Mosley despite limited footwork.. he stood toe to toe with him. Pacquaio looked pretty tentative in there with Mosley.. even the last few rounds after the "KD" he didn't look all to great despite getting pissed
      I agree to a certain extent. Pacquiao has failed to achieve the transcendent purpose of the fight, but no one can argue with the sheer fact that his performance isn't inferior to mayweather's.

Comment

He knew he could easily beat him, Mosley has always been intimidated by punches

Comment

Originally posted by PACATTACK View Post
          so pac fights an african american who fights like a mexican to adress him not fighting mobile and slick opponents?

Very weird imo.
          actually it started as Pac not fighting Black fighters, which was not really true as his second championship belt came via Ledwaba, South African and you can't get blacker than that, then it evolve that he had not fight a slick black fighter which is also not true as Ledwaba was also slick black fighter, so finally the issue methamorphosed to slick black african american ....

imho this issue would all be settled 2012 when PAC faces Floyd and I am very optimistic that this will happen...

Comment

Mosley was definetly the least threatning of the three. But I never really see it as being the most profitable neccessaraly.
            Berto was an up and coming undefeated title holder with youth and ability, they could have marketed him as the future and a unheard of threat or just a solid Welterweight like Clottey.
            With Marquez you had (and now have) his old nemisis, the guy that gave Pac the most trouble he's had yet.
            What was Mosley's apeal? maybe somehow he'll get un-old? He has never been a draw and had already gotten embarrased by Mayweather. I think Manny could have made just as much Money or more fighting someone who deserved it more and still would have won against, so to answer your question TS: I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by ceemoney305 View Post
              He knew he could easily beat him, Mosley has always been intimidated by punches
              You've got to be kidding me. His last three fights have been pathetic, but this man in his younger days was a beast. He went to War with De la hoya, Wright (twice), Cotto, Forrest (twice), Mayorga, Margarito, the list goes on etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                After what Mayweather did to Mosley was there any reason for Pacquiao to fight Mosley?
                real Easy Money

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                  After what Mayweather did to Mosley was there any reason for Pacquiao to fight Mosley?
                  Mosley was the easiest for Arum to BRIBE to "throw" the fight with Pac, and give Pac a FIXED "win".

Since Arum was succesful in getting Pac's previous 2 opponenets (Margarito, and Clottey) to "lay down" for Pac, Mosley was the next available to another Pac FIXED FIGHT.

Arum made Mosley leave his long time partner-Golden Boy, and become a free-agent, so that Arum could sign-up Mosley to a long term contract.

the terms were:
                  a.) if Mosley agrees to a FIXED FIGHT with Pac, Arum will pay Mosley $8-10 Million and help Mosley with his own company (Mosley Promotions), and also help mosley get big fights and not tie him up to Top Rank promotions.

b.) if Mosley DOES NOT agree to a FIXED FIGHT, then Arum will pay him little, and tie Mosley up to Top Rank promotions and stall Mosley's careers for years by not getting Mosley good fights.

In other words, Mosley had lots to gain by losing to Pac. and would have lots to lose if he had beaten Pac.
                  Thats why Mosley hardly threw any punches at Pac, cause the fight was FIXED.

Its not the first time that Pac has had a FIXED FIGHT.

Pac-Margarito was FIXED.
                  Pac-Clottey was FIXED.

and Pac-DelaHoya was FIXED too.

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
                    don't you want 20 million dollars for a rougly an hour of work?.. i do.. and so does pacquiao...
                    pacroid doesnt get anywhere close to 20mil for a fight so thats def not it
                    Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 06-29-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

He wants to show the world that Floyd is fighting bums!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X