No announcement yet.

Face it: Margarito is nowhere near the Margarito of 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R O A ☪ View Post
    You can't say that with any certainty at all. TBH, even if Margarito has a big performance left in him, it's still unlikely we would be seeing the best Margarito of his career against Pacquiao.
    The point im trying to make is, it is wrong to try and not give Pac credit if he beats Margarito which is what the OP is trying to do by implying Margarito isnt what he was in 2008. We know what Margarito has been capable of, so Pac should get credit for beating Margarito.

The fact that Margarito hasnt performed to his absolute best in his most recent performances, only helps us in deciding who is in form and the betting favourite, but you cant account for what Margarito turns up on the night.

If Margarito gives his best ever performance against Pac, but still loses, are we not to give Pac credit? Of course Pac will get credit!

Comment

only way to find out is to see the fight and judge for yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        The point im trying to make is, it is wrong to try and not give Pac credit if he beats Margarito which is what the OP is trying to do by implying Margarito isnt what he was in 2008. We know what Margarito has been capable of, so Pac should get credit for beating Margarito.

The fact that Margarito hasnt performed to his absolute best in his most recent performances, only helps us in deciding who is in form and the betting favourite, but you cant account for what Margarito turns up on the night.

If Margarito gives his best ever performance against Pac, but still loses, are we not to give Pac credit? Of course Pac will get credit!
        Some credit, sure. But you can't expect near the full cache given the circumstances and Margarito's current non-status.

Comment

This is TRUE!!!
          *******s are TOO ******ED to see this!!!!!!!!!

COCKQUIAO only fights BUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Even though he is on steroids he still fights BUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by R O A ☪ View Post
            Some credit, sure. But you can't expect near the full cache given the circumstances and Margarito's current non-status.
            Sure, im realistic in realizing people would try discredit the win for Pac, like people do for Floyd.

But no body knows the full circumstances as to why Margarito might not have performed to his absolute best in his last few fights. But i would bet money on the fact that this kind of being the last chance for Margarito he would have trained harder for this Pac fight than any other fight hes ever had. We dont know how hard he trained for his last fight when he didnt perform brilliantly so can be excused for a poor showing, so everything has to be taken into account.

Comment

Sure, im realistic in realizing people would try discredit the win for Pac, like people do for Floyd.
              Look at the circumstances.

Margarito is a huge question mark in boxing - not just what he has left, but if he legally had it in the first place (like it or not, there's huge conjecture and doubt over that). Of course Pacquiao can't expect full credit if he annihilates this guy. And the discreditment won't all be born of spite, there'll be some clean-thinkers who see it like that.

I understand what you're saying in the 2nd passage.

Nobody knows what Margarito's got 'til he steps in there.

Comment

Even Pacquiao of now KO' the 2008 Margarito or the pre-cotto one, No hate but Margarito cant deal with the speed that Pac is going to bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  unless Pac completely undertrains for this fight, and looks 20% of his normal self, he has this one easy..

So Marg is in shape.. Woopty do. So is Shannon Briggs but he gonna lose too. This is about superior styles. Pac's style is all bad for someone like Margarito. And Pac has learned in his recent fights how to briefly retreat and flank his opponent with those spitfire angles of his. Marg will Plod along getting tagged by shots he doesn't see and from angles that chin of his isn't used to.. This fight will be a stoppage in favor of Pac.

Any hype otherwise does not impress me in the slightest.. its a better fight than the Clottey fight though..good lord I knew that one would be a sleeper
                  Nice little post here, Am out nothing to see here..

Comment

[QUOTE=R O A ☪;9400518]Look at the circumstances.

Margarito is a huge question mark in boxing - not just what he has left, but if he legally had it in the first place (like it or not, there's huge conjecture and doubt over that). Of course Pacquiao can't expect full credit if he annihilates this guy. And the discreditment won't all be born of spite, there'll be some clean-thinkers who see it like that.
                    QUOTE]

But the bottom line is Pac will get credit, because no matter what, no one has destroyed Margarito apart from SSM. I dont think anyone could fight Margarito now, and totally be garanteed to beat him in a one sided fight.

Whoever was capable of beating Margarito now impressively would get credit from me.

Comment

But the bottom line is Pac will get credit, because no matter what, no one has destroyed Margarito apart from SSM. I dont think anyone could fight Margarito now, and totally be garanteed to beat him in a one sided fight.

Whoever was capable of beating Margarito now impressively would get credit from me.
                      That's cool, I just don't think he'd get as much as you maybe want him to when the historians look back on it in 30 years is all.

Part of it will be how Margarito looks in taking the L (if he does lose). I find it hard to believe that past versions of Tony wouldn't have given Pacquiao at least some resistance.

Comment

Working...
                      X