Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was Shane Mosely in 2000?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Mosley as a beast of a fighter in 2000. He loved to pull the trigger and would never hesitate to initiate the attack, counter, move, slip, fake, the works.

He had a hell of a leaping left hook, a killer straight right and, like Pac, unreal footwork. Matter of fact, it's the lack of footwork and his reluctance to pull the trigger that really betrayed Shane as he aged (at least from my perspective).

He had a classic bout with Oscar back in 2000. Took a couple of hard losses from Forrest and then there was the Winky debacles. All in all, he was one of this era's greats, a man with a true champion's heart who would never back down from a challenge, even when he was outgunned. Shane really did, at his peak, have a heart for combat.

Comment

Super quick and explosive feet and hands. You hit him once he would throw 3 in retaliation. Real pleasure to watch. Gutsy dude, one of my favs of all times. Prime Shane would have stopped Floyd after he hurt him. Great finisher when he had guys hurt. His greatest weakness was the lack of a thudding jab, his offense was his defense imo.

Comment

Mosley, especially a prime Mosley had an insane balance of speed, power and durability, that kind of balance is rare to come by.

Comment

I consider Mosley as others said to be a near-great on an all time scale, but he is a modern great anyway because he fought everyone and always came in fit and prepared to fight at a high level. At his prime his combination of speed/power plus his physical strength was formidable, he would get outboxed by many greats at 147 but he gives everyone a fight. At 135 he was a monster, I have no doubt he would have stopped many good fighters at that weight.

Comment

ask victor conte and memo heredia

Comment

so jmm gets torched for his recent supposed used of steroids.......

and not one mention of shane getting caught using them in his prime?

NSB logic man.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                The title is self-explanatory, in the year 2000 how good was Shane Mosely?
                Not to good if he had to resort to cheating by using steroids. He used steroids in my opinion cause he lack confidence to compete with the Welter Weights

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  Mosley, especially a prime Mosley had an insane balance of speed, power and durability, that kind of balance is rare to come by.
                  You can thank Victor Conte the Balco man for that

Comment

Someone has a grudge?

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
                      so jmm gets torched for his recent supposed used of steroids.......

and not one mention of shane getting caught using them in his prime?

NSB logic man.
                      Shane didn't know they were steroids, just like Mickey Bey didn't notice when he had 30 times the normal level of testosterone in his body. Who would?

Comment

Working...
                      X