No announcement yet.

Rosado Made To Look Stupid By Grant Gloves CEO & Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Sorry, but where does it say that any of the involved parties even suggest that 'they didn't want to swap gloves'. The only person who's said that is a random poster on here who just made it up.

The implication behind that idea is that GGG (unlike other fighters who use identical back-up gloves) somehow has a 'fixed' set and a 'normal' set(s) which are specially made by Grants. Does this not sound a little bizarre to you.

While it is fair to say that Gabe is getting pilloried for what was probably only an ill-considered throwaway statement, bear in mind that he is certainly implying that Golovkin cheated when they fought, which is a pretty serious charge, yet has no evidence to back it up.
    Fair enough, a poster mentioned they refused to swap gloves, I took it at that I mean why would someone make something up so particular as that? But yes, Mexico, post some background that if you can please.

That aside, I still think people are getting too defensive over this. You've had 6 replies on a 10 post page alone. Chill out dude.

Back-up gloves the same sounding bizarre, not so much to me. This is professional sports, to not have back-ups for things like that which could be show stoppers without, would be amatuerish.

There is of course no proof and I agree people need to be sceptical about cheating accusations as the PED one's have been overdone and really defamed boxers unduly.

However gloves etc. is different. If one side had a hunch the gloves weren't quite right, quarelled it, went along, got bust up bad, and the boxer said the gloves looked and felt harder than what he deemed normal, he should be free to say that.

No he doesn't have proof it's a tricky thing to have proof on especially given that kind of thing is all about fighting for access to the gloves, not using them, having them in-spected. It often all gets brushed over in the high tensity of the lead up to the fight. Look at the Margarito one, if Nazim wouldn't have been majorly persistent that may not have come out quite as clearly as it did, and it still has some slight doubts or doubters hanging over it.

I'd rather a pro boxer whom is the only one feeling them punches, state there experience and opinion freely. Some will dislike him for it but he's not ranted on, spoken out. If someone else had the same experience and doesn't speak out then it all just goes un-noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
      His username is Mexico, he likes to bash Puerto Ricans and he has a HQ gif in his sig. Come on, it's pretty obvious who this guy is.
      Yea, he's someone who will be banned...again...

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
        Fair enough, a poster mentioned they refused to swap gloves, I took it at that I mean why would someone make something up so particular as that? But yes, Mexico, post some background that if you can please.

That aside, I still think people are getting too defensive over this. You've had 6 replies on a 10 post page alone. Chill out dude.

Back-up gloves the same sounding bizarre, not so much to me. This is professional sports, to not have back-ups for things like that which could be show stoppers without, would be amatuerish.

There is of course no proof and I agree people need to be sceptical about cheating accusations as the PED one's have been overdone and really defamed boxers unduly.

However gloves etc. is different. If one side had a hunch the gloves weren't quite right, quarelled it, went along, got bust up bad, and the boxer said the gloves looked and felt harder than what he deemed normal, he should be free to say that.

No he doesn't have proof it's a tricky thing to have proof on especially given that kind of thing is all about fighting for access to the gloves, not using them, having them in-spected. It often all gets brushed over in the high tensity of the lead up to the fight. Look at the Margarito one, if Nazim wouldn't have been majorly persistent that may not have come out quite as clearly as it did, and it still has some slight doubts or doubters hanging over it.

I'd rather a pro boxer whom is the only one feeling them punches, state there experience and opinion freely. Some will dislike him for it but he's not ranted on, spoken out. If someone else had the same experience and doesn't speak out then it all just goes un-noticed.
        On phone. Don't know if you saw, but they offered Rosado the extra pair in front of everyone, nysac pres included. Billy talked it over and they tried it on for 15-20 minutes then declined

Comment

Working...
        X