No announcement yet.

Jordan vs Kobe vs Lebron: 1st 10 Seasons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    he needed pippen. pippen kept bulls team together (like fisher did for kobe) and took some offensive load off jordan as well as cover up mj on d to allow jordan to gamble and be constantly aggressive on d.
    Too bad, Pippen's offense was nowhere near a Wade or Bosh. Thus leaving MJ double and tripled throughout his ENTIRE career.

That's the difference. MJ never played with a dynamic iso player that could could MJ any breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      The Big Guy says hi.

On his 42nd birthday.
      greatest #2 ever.

oh **** that reminds me, my ex bday today. gotta wish her happy bday.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
        Every superstar offensive player makes their teammates better, just by being a superstar that draws multiple defenders. Lebron doesn't make his teammates better in the sense of allowing his teammates to fully show their full arsenal.

MJ did that with Pippen, because MJ can actually play off ball, and has the GOAT post game for a perimeter player.

Lebron is forced to hold onto the ball, because that's what he's most effective at, and because he knows no other way. MJ could do both. Off guard or the distributor.
        Not every superstar makes his team better a perfect example is the guy in your sig. Guys like Marbury, Iverson, T-Mac also fall into that category it's not a surprise these guys never came close to winning a title.

Lebron is basically a PG more a distributor than a scorer. He's more Magic than Jordan in that aspect. How does he not make teammates better if he's more concerned about sharing the ball? Now I'm not an idiot I'm not saying Lebron is better than MJ, but he is a better team player and makes his teammates better with his priority of always making the right basketball play. You could trade Lebron for any superstar who plays for a current championship contender and they instantly become the favorites to win the title.

Comment

Too bad, Pippen's offense was nowhere near a Wade or Bosh. Thus leaving MJ double and tripled throughout his ENTIRE career.

That's the difference. MJ never played with a dynamic iso player that could could MJ any breaks.
          no he wasn't.

what a joke. he was d'd and t'd up early in his career but it lessened when the bulls got better.

jordan saw less double and triple teams than kobe or lebron.

defenses wasn't about that back then.

look over some of mj biggest shots. against jazz, cavs, etc. single cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            Not every superstar makes his team better a perfect example is the guy in your sig. Guys like Marbury, Iverson, T-Mac also fall into that category it's not a surprise these guys never came close to winning a title.

Lebron is basically a PG more a distributor than a scorer. He's more Magic than Jordan in that aspect. How does he not make teammates better if he's more concerned about sharing the ball? Now I'm not an idiot I'm not saying Lebron is better than MJ, but he is a better team player and makes his teammates better with his priority of always making the right basketball play. You could trade Lebron for any superstar who plays for a current championship contender and they instantly become the favorites to win the title.
            That's where your fatal flaw is. Lebron getting assists doesn't make him a better team player. It means he always has the ball, and dictates where the ball goes, thus killing the flow of the offense.

People need to stop thinking assists equal better teammate.

Comment

MJ >>>> Lebron >> Kobe

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                no he wasn't.

what a joke. he was d'd and t'd up early in his career but it lessened when the bulls got better.

jordan saw less double and triple teams than kobe or lebron.

defenses wasn't about that back then.

look over some of mj biggest shots. against jazz, cavs, etc. single cover.

Comment

As much as I hate to admit it, it's hard to deny Lebrons numbers.

There is just something missing for him to me though, and why I could never put him above Kobe or MJ or pick him on a team before those two. It's all in the mentality.

Comment

not every team in the league played that way back then.

that's why those det/nyk d's was tough.

most teams had more vanilla d's.

and roughing mj up just got him freebie points.

now even crap teams scheme on d with zones, traps, switches, etc.

stuff they didn't (COULDN'T) back then.

i grew up watching 80's nba. try to debate someone else.

i'm old. i actually saw jordan play.

did you?

Comment

Kobe doesn't belong in this discussion.

He is Harold Miner.

Maybe a little taller.

Comment

Working...
                      X